Easy to make, no bake Oreo Pie, made with chocolate chips, cool whip and crushed oreo cookies. This is the ultimate sweet tooth chocolate pie!
This no bake chocolate pie recipe with a delicious Oreo cookie crumb crust is the perfect combination if you love double the chocolate and sweetness. The creamy filling is made with melted chocolate and a cool whip that makes the perfect chocolate ganache when set in the fridge overnight. I can’t emphasize enough how easy this recipe is to make—no baking is required either!
The Best No Bake Chocolate Oreo Pie Recipe
If you’re a big chocolate lover, this is the perfect dessert with a chocolatey, creamy filling and Oreo cookie crust! All you need are several simple ingredients to make this super easy recipe, and as mentioned, no oven or baking is required either!
Each bite of this no bake chocolate dessert is both smooth and crunchy with the chocolate cool whip filling and Oreo crust. You can purchase a pre-made Oreo pie crust for this no bake Oreo pie recipe if they sell them at your local grocery store. However, making your own Oreo crust is so much more fun!
This no bake Oreo pie is great for special occasions like birthdays, holidays or just when you need a special treat. Just make sure to make it the night before so it at least has five hours to cool and set in the fridge before your event.
How to Make No Bake Chocolate Oreo Pie
Crush the Oreos. You can either do this by hand or put them in the food processor depending on how crunchy you want the crust.
Mix the crushed Oreos and melted butter.
Press the cookie mixture into the bottom of the pie pan in an even layer to create the homemade Oreo crust and set aside.
Start the cream filling by melting the chocolate chips in a saucepan, stirring, and adding milk.
In a large bowl, mix the cool whip, powdered sugar, and vanilla.
Stir in the melted chocolate mixture to create the creamy chocolate filling and once combined pour it into the pie pan on top of the crust.
Decorate if desired, such as extra chocolate chips or whipped cream. Place in the refrigerator overnight, then serve when ready and enjoy your no bake chocolate cream pie!
Making Oreo Pie Crust
To start your Oreo cookie crust, place the Oreo cookies into a large zip-lock bag and seal it tightly. You can attempt to crush them by hand, but it’s much easier and quicker to crush them with a rolling pin while they are inside the bag. I prefer crushing them into small pieces, so the crust is still crunchy, but you can roll them until smooth too.
You can also cut into the Oreos on a cutting board to create chopped Oreo cookies, but this is a more messy practice and will take a bit longer.. You may find this to be a good starting point before putting the cookies inside the zip-lock bag.
Alternatively you can put the Oreos in a food processor and pulse them until super smooth.
Once you have your crushed Oreo cookie crumbs, mix them with the melted butter. Once thoroughly mixed, press this Oreo butter mixture firmly into the bottom of the pie pan in an even layer and set aside until you’re ready to add in the creamy chocolate filling.
Decorating No Bake Oreo Pie
Decorating your decadent pie is optional. However, if you want to have some fun with it, here are some suggestions:
- Use whipped cream on top of the pie
- Either on top of the whipped cream or on top of the creamy chocolate filling, sprinkle with chocolate chips or shavings.
- Instead of chocolate chips, you can also use leftover Oreo crumbs.
- You can also use the whole Oreos to top each slice.
- If you’re making this for a specific holiday, you can opt to use appropriate color-themed sprinkles or chocolate candies on top as well.
Store leftover Oreo cream pie in an airtight container or double wrap in plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator. If stored properly, your no bake dessert will last up to five days.
Is this recipe gluten-free?
No, unfortunately, Oreos are not gluten-free. However, they do make gluten-free Oreo cookies now. If you purchase gluten-free Oreo cookies, you can use those to make your cookie crumb crust.
Can I make this recipe vegan?
Yes, you can make this no bake Oreo pie vegan. However, you will have to find specific vegan ingredient substitutions for the chocolate and cool whip. Replacing whole milk with soy milk or oat milk and butter with plant-based butter should be a much easier task as those are common replacement items you can find at nearly any major grocery store chain. Fortunately, Oreos are already accidentally vegan. Isn’t that a fun fact?!
More Decadent Chocolate Recipes
If you love this no bake Oreo pie, then you will love these other chocolate-based desserts!
- Gooey Chocolate Butter Cake
- Nutella Cookies
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Whoopie Pies
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Blossoms
- Fudgy Chocolate Truffles
- Chocolate Brownie Frosting
Pin for later:
No Bake Chocolate Oreo PiePrint
For the crust
- 24 Oreo cookies crushed
- 1/4 cup butter melted
For the pie filling
- 12 ounce bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 8 ounces Cool Whip thawed
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
To make the crust
- In a bowl mix the crushed oreo cookies and butter until you have a crumbly mixture.
- Press cookie mixture firmly into the bottom of a 9-inch pie dish. Set aside.
To make the pie filling
- Melt chocolate chips in a medium-sized saucepan over medium heat until melted, stirring often. Add in milk and stir until well combined.
- In a large bowl mix together Cool Whip, powdered sugar and vanilla. Make sure the Cool Whip is thawed or you won't be able to mix it.
- Stir melted chocolate mixture into the Cool Whip bowl and continue to mix until completely combined.
- Pour filling mixture into the pie dish on top of the crust. Leave as is, or decorate the top with additional chocolate chips or whipped cream.
- Place in refrigerator and chill overnight (recommended), or at least 5 hours. Serve and enjoy!
Leave a Comment