Easy to make fudgy Chocolate Truffles made with 4 ingredients. All you need is chocolate chips, condensed milk, vanilla and cocoa powder!
Easy Chocolate Truffles
These truffles are so easy to make and only require a couple ingredients. The ingredients aren’t anything fancy, you might already have them in your kitchen! You’ll need:
- semi-sweet chocolate chips
- sweetened condensed milk
- cocoa powder (unsweetened or sweetened) or powdered sugar to roll them in
The result is super fudgy chocolate truffles that will melt in your mouth. These taste just like chocolate fudge, but in truffle ball form. They’re sooooooooo good, good luck not eating them all! 🙂
Tip: Looking for vanilla truffles? Try my Oreo Birthday Cake Truffles too!
How to Make Chocolate Truffles
Melt chocolate chips in a saucepan along with condensed milk. Add vanilla and stir.
Pour mixture into a mixing bowl, cover and place in the refrigerator to firm up. This takes about 2 hours.
Roll the chocolate dough into 1 inch size balls. If the mixture is too hard to roll into balls, let it sit on the counter until it softens up – do not microwave it.
In a small shallow bowl, add cocoa powder, this is going to coat the chocolate truffles. You can use unsweetened cocoa powder for a dark chocolate flavor or you can use sweetened cocoa if you want it to be sweeter. Looking for extra sweet? Use powdered sugar – those are so good!! Roll the balls in cocoa powder until coated.
Serve as is, or place back in the refrigerator to firm up.
Other Truffle Coating ideas:
Want to mix it up besides chocolate? Here are a few more ideas. I like to make a couple of each kind to give variety, especially around the holidays!
- Powdered sugar
- Sprinkles (chocolate or rainbow)
- Flaked sweetened coconut
- Chopped toasted almonds
- Crushed butterfinger candy bars
- Crushed salty pretzels
- Ground cinnamon
How to Store and Freeze Truffles:
Store truffles in an airtight container in the refrigerator. When ready to serve, you can eat chilled or allow to warm up to room temperature (about 15 minutes).
I love freezing chocolate truffles so I always have a sweet treat waiting for me in the freezer! I like to place them in freezer bags, and when I need one, just reach in, grab one (ok, or two). You can eat them chilled straight from the freezer (tastes like ice cream balls!) or warm up to room temperature. Frozen truffles will last up to a year in the freezer.
More Chocolate Desserts:
Pin for later:
Fudgy Chocolate TrufflesPrint
- 3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 (14 ounce can) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- Add chocolate chips and condensed milk to a medium-sized saucepan, heating over low-medium heat until the chocolate chips are completely melted. Add vanilla and stir.
- Pour mixture into a mixing bowl, cover with plastic wrap or a lid and chill in the refrigerator for 2 hours, or until firm.
- Add cocoa powder to a small shallow bowl. Roll chocolate mixture into 1 inch balls and then roll in cocoa powder to completely coat.
- Serve or place truffles back into the refrigerator to chill for 1 more hour if they need to firm up.