Easy to make crockpot hot chocolate. Add all the ingredients into the slow cooker to cook for 2 hours, go outside and play in the snow and come back in to rich creamy hot cocoa!
This rich hot chocolate is perfect for a cold day during the winter months. This creamy hot chocolate uses real chocolate which provides a richer chocolate flavor with a hint of vanilla. It’s much richer than the hot cocoa packets you will find at the store, and it couldn’t be an easier recipe to make. On snow days, we make this in the crockpot, go outside and play and then when we come back in we have the best hot chocolate waiting for us!
The Best Crockpot Hot Chocolate Recipe
This is the perfect recipe because it’s simple and incredibly rich and delicious at the same time. Only five ingredients are needed, and there is only one step. To top it off, this easy crockpot recipe produces the most decadent and rich hot chocolate the whole family is sure to love.
This is the best hot cocoa because it’s an incredible treat to offer at holiday parties and to make on Christmas morning and snow days. Memories are often linked to certain senses, like aroma and taste. Make this delicious hot chocolate a traditional treat people will remember for a lifetime!
If you really want to bring this recipe to life, create a hot chocolate bar for all to enjoy, consisting of optional candy canes (perfect for stirring), whipped cream and mini marshmallows. There are many other favorite toppings and optional ingredients to consider. It will be tons of fun for both children and adults alike!
Crockpot Hot Chocolate Ingredients
- Milk (you can use dairy or plant based, whichever you prefer)
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips (or dark chocolate chips)
- Heavy cream
- Sweetened condensed milk
- Vanilla extract
How to Make Crockpot Hot Chocolate
It’s as simple as adding the five ingredients into a crockpot, stirring it, and letting it warm up!
I hope you love this crockpot hot chocolate recipe!
Store leftover hot chocolate in an airtight container and keep it in the refrigerator. Reheat by stove top in a small pot over medium heat. This homemade hot chocolate can last up to four days so use it before then for best results.
Crockpot Hot Chocolate FAQs
- Is hot chocolate better made with milk or water?
While it is possible to make hot chocolate with water, the consistency won’t be the same. As you can imagine, water will be more watery (to no surprise), and it will not hold the flavor as well as milk could. Using milk thickens the hot chocolate and will increase the chances it will keep you more full given it contains more calories.
- What can I add to hot chocolate to make it better?
The best part about hot chocolate is adding whatever you like to it. If you want to give your hot chocolate even more flavor, you can consider adding caramel sauce. You might also use cinnamon which is often referred to as Mexican hot chocolate. Both options will bring an even richer flavor profile to your delicious, hot chocolatey drink.
As mentioned above, you can also consider stirring your hot chocolate with a candy cane, which will add a peppermint flavor to it. Marshmallows are not only a fun topping to include but they add even more sweetness too – they’re also my favorite.
- How do you keep hot chocolate warm for a crowd?
The best part about using a crockpot is it has a warm setting that is perfect if you’re hosting a larger crowd. This setting will keep your hot chocolate warm over low heat and warm for everyone who has yet to grab their mug of hot cocoa.
Alternatively, if you want to keep it warm in individual servings, it’s best to use thermoses. Take your homemade hot chocolate to football games, a bonfire, or to work in the morning. Sharing is optional!
More Hot Chocolate Recipes
If you love this recipe, try out one of these similar, delicious recipes. There are many different versions of hot chocolate to choose from!
- Peppermint Hot Chocolate
- Double Chocolate Sea Salt Hot Cocoa
- Gelato Latte Hot Chocolate
- The Best Chocolate Milkshake
Pin for later:
Crockpot Hot ChocolatePrint
- 8 cups milk
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips (or dark chocolate chips)
- 1 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 (14 ounce can) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Add all of the ingredients into the slow cooker and stir to combine. Note: This is a very rich and sweet hot cocoa. If you want it sweet, add the entire 14 ounce can of condensed milk. If you’re looking for something lighter and less sweet, only add half of the can of condensed milk.
- Close lid and cook on LOW for 2 hours, or until chocolate chips are melted.
- Stir again and serve in mugs. If preferred, add whipped cream or marshmallows on top! Enjoy!
Leave a Comment