Delicious Chocolate Bread recipe with frosting spiderwebs on top. This fudgy bread is perfect for a not too scary Halloween dessert treat.
Halloween is one of my favorite holidays, I love everything about it. The decorations! The costumes! And definitely the fun recipes!
Halloween Bread Recipe
This chocolate bread recipe is a perfect Halloween dessert recipe because it’s not too spooky. The bread itself is fudgy (due to the Nutella), and then we add some vanilla frosting spiderwebs on top to make it fun for the holidays.
This chocolate bread recipe makes twelve servings, perfect for a Halloween party! If you have any leftovers, or are just baking this for a small family, then you can freeze the remaining slices. Simply wrap them up all together or individually and store in a freezer-safe bag. I doubt you’ll have any leftovers though! 😉
How To Make Chocolate Bread
The recipe is easy to make and takes 60 minutes to bake, with very little hands on time. You’ll need a bread loaf pan to bake the batter in.
- Start by adding the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg to a large mixing bowl.
- Now, grab two ripe bananas – you know those bananas that you let go brown?! They are PERFECT for this chocolate bread! Mash them up in a bowl, using a fork.
- Next, add the softened butter, brown sugar, eggs and Nutella in another mixing bowl. Stir it all together until fully combined. Time to add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix well until everything is fully combined. Once you’ve mixed the batter, pour it into the bread loaf pan.
- Bake for 60 minutes at 350ºF. Allow the bread to cool before removing it from the loaf pan and cutting the bread into slices. Decorate frosting spiderwebs on top of each slice (see below for directions).
How to Make Frosting Spiderwebs
To make the spider web design, place your favorite vanilla frosting into a pastry bag. You can use store bought frosting or use a homemade frosting recipe. Using a small fine tip, decorate spider webs on each piece of bread, using toothpicks to finely design the webs if you want.
If you’ll be serving this chocolate bread for Halloween, I suggest you go that extra step and make spider webs because the bread slices look so good! However, if you’d rather leave off the spider web design, that’s totally okay too.
I hope you enjoy this Chocolate Halloween Bread!
Other Halloween Dessert Recipes To Enjoy:
Pin for later:
Chocolate Halloween BreadPrint
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 bananas ripe
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup Nutella
- Your favorite vanilla frosting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a bread loaf pan with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl combine flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- In another bowl mash bananas. Then add butter, brown sugar, eggs and Nutella. Mix with hand blender until combined and creamy.
- Add wet mixture into dry mixture. Pour mixture into bread loaf pan.
- Bake for 60 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool. Using a knife, cut bread into slices.
- Place vanilla frosting in a pastry bag, using a small fine tip. Decorate spider webs on top, using a toothpick to fine tune and spread webs.