The BEST Cilantro Lime Rice made with basmati rice. The rice is fluffy, tasty and perfect to serve with tacos and burritos!
I Love Cilantro Lime Rice
It’s true. I love it. I could eat cilantro lime rice by itself for lunch, dinner and repeat every day. I absolutely love the zesty taste of the lime, mixed in with the fluffy salty basmati rice!
Cilantro Lime rice makes the perfect add-in or side dish for chicken fajitas, baked black bean tacos, crockpot chicken chipotle tacos, barley tacos, your favorite tacos, chicken fajitas, shrimp fajitas, or whatever else you want to serve it with.
Tips for Fluffy Cilantro Lime Rice
- Use long grain basmati rice.
- Quickly sauté the rice in vegetable oil before you boil it, this will keep the rice crisp and prevent it from getting too soft.
- Fresh lime is always preferred, but a bottle of lime juice works too.
Don’t have time and need it extra quick? Use leftover white rice to make cilantro lime rice.
Extra tip: Here’s how to make cilantro last for weeks!
Pin for later:
Cilantro Lime Basmati RicePrint
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup white basmati rice
- 2 cups water
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- Pour vegetable oil in a medium-sized saucepan, heating over medium heat. Add rice and sauté in oil, stirring often, for 2 minutes. Add water into saucepan and bring to a boil.
- When water begins to boil, turn the heat to simmer and cover for 15 minutes.
- Turn heat off completely, leave lid on, and remove from burner. Let sit for 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix together lime juice and salt, mixing until the salt is dissolved.
- Pour lime mixture over rice and mix. Add cilantro and toss to spread evenly throughout the rice.
- Serve and enjoy!