Buttered Rice and Cabbage
This Buttered Rice and Cabbage is an easy comforting meal filled with healthy vegetables that I hope you’ll love as much as I do. It’s so easy to make and it involves one of my favorite ingredients – cabbage!
As a girl my Mother would make the best Polish cabbage recipes, so every time I make it I get a smile on my face!
Cooked Cabbage Recipe
I wanted to create a recipe that would be ready in 20 minutes that is still wholesome with fresh ingredients – a meal you’ll feel good about serving the family.
Ingredients for Buttered Cabbage
The main vegetables in this recipe are cabbage and peas, 2 things that we have in abundance right now in the garden.
I’ve always liked cabbage, but this Summer I turned into a real cabbage lover. I can’t get enough of it, especially sauteed and buttered! Yum.
Buttered Rice and Cabbage Recipe
The recipe calls for 1/2 peas so you can either use frozen peas (cook them first) or you can shell fresh peas. Use whatever you hand on hand and is easiest.
This recipe calls for 4 cups of cooked rice, basmati rice (and I love this Indian rice recipe!) is my favorite but you can use any type of white rice. For those nights where you don’t have extra time you can even use instant rice.
How to make buttered cabbage
Melt 3 tablespoons butter in a large pan over medium high heat. Add cabbage, salt + pepper to taste. Cook for approximately 15 minutes, allowing cabbage to wilt, browning slightly. Stir it semi often.
Hope you enjoy this Buttered Cabbage and Rice meal!
Pin for later:
Buttered Rice and CabbagePrint
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 small head cabbage chopped
- salt + pepper
- 1/2 cup peas fresh or frozen
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 4 cups cooked white rice
- Melt 3 tablespoons butter in a large pan over medium high heat. Add cabbage, salt + pepper to taste. Cook for approximately 15 minutes, allowing cabbage to wilt, browning slightly. Stir it semi often.
- Add peas to pan and cook 5 additional minutes.
- Take pan off the stove and add cooked rice, remaining 1 tablespoon of butter and Parmesan cheese to pan. Stir to combine.
- Serve and enjoy!