EASY Chinese Fried Rice recipe full of vegetables and tastes just like Takeout! 1 1/2 cup of lettuce is used making this a great way to use up your garden lettuce!
Easy Chinese Fried Rice Recipe
We have a ton of lettuce right now in our garden. You might have seen a sneak peak of our lettuce earlier this week in the Garden Update, but if you saw my refrigerator today you might go running in fear! Lettuce is awesome, but when you have multiple giant lettuce heads staring at you with eyes that say “Eat me before I go bad” then you start to feel the stress!
That is one reason (there’s many) that I love gardening, it makes me explore ingredients and go outside my regular cooking box. I have a few recipes coming up in the next week that involve lettuce and they’re all ones that I wouldn’t traditionally think of adding lettuce but since I want to use my harvest I get to have some kitchen fun and do some new ideas. Because of this Chinese Fried Rice with Lettuce was born!
We love rice in our house! For example we eat this Indian basmati rice multiple times a week, so I knew I wanted to make another rice recipe!
This Fried Rice is delicious and so full of vegetables. It tastes just like Takeout Fried Rice but because you’re making it in your own kitchen you can be sure it’s much healthier for you! Many times you throw vegetables in your rice but often times lettuce gets looked over… but not here! In this recipe we’re going to throw a ton of chopped up lettuce and eat away!
This recipe is so easy to make, not to mention quick, because we’re using instant rice! Cook rice according to box. In a another small pot cook your carrots and frozen peas. After those are done we’re going to add everything to a pan, along with lettuce and eggs and in minutes our Fried Rice will be ready!
Enjoy this Chinese Fried Rice With Lettuce for dinner sometime soon!
Chinese Fried Rice With LettucePrint
- 2 cups uncooked instant rice
- 2 cups beef broth
- 2/3 cup chopped carrots
- 3/4 cup frozen green peas
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cup chopped lettuce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/4 cup oyster sauce
- sesame oil to taste don't skip this!
- Cook rice according to box. Instead of water, cook rice in beef broth.
- In a small pot boil carrots in water for 3 minutes. Drop frozen peas into water, boil for 1 more minute, drain.
- Heat large pan over medium high heat. Pour in vegetable oil then stir in carrots and peas. Cook for 1 minute.
- Crack in eggs and stir them quickly to scramble them with carrots and peas.
- Add in cooked rice, lettuce, soy sauce and oyster sauce. Stir to combine everything together.
- Add sesame oil to taste on top. Stir again.
- Serve and enjoy!