Easy to make cilantro lime rice made with leftover white rice! This is a quick dinner recipe made with just 4 ingredients!
What can I do with a lot of leftover rice?
You should never throw away leftover rice, there’s so many great recipes you can make with it. This makes takeout food a little more budget friendly when you know it can spread across an additional meal.
My favorite leftover rice recipes is this Cilantro Lime Rice, and Leftover Rice Tacos!
How much rice is in a takeout container?
Approximately 2 cups packed rice is in a takeout container. You can scale this recipe up or down depending on how much rice you have left. My recipe card below even has a neat little button that automatically does the math for you!
How to refresh and reheat leftover rice
The first part of using leftover rice is refreshing it. We’re going to heat it up in the microwave quickly, but take these additional steps to assure your leftover rice is fluffy again!
- Add leftover rice to microwave safe bowl.
- Drizzle 3 tablespoons of water on top of the rice.
- Cover bowl with a damp paper towel and cook for 1 minute or until the rice is completely heated.
How to Make Leftover Cilantro Lime Rice
First, heat up the leftover rice with the steps above. Don’t skip this step, it really does make all the difference in making the leftover rice taste the best.
Alternatively you can chop the cilantro up with a knife, but make sure to do it very finely. Then mix the cilantro, lime juice and salt in a bowl together.
Add the cilantro lime mixture into the bowl with the rice and mix to fully combine.
Fluff with a fork and then serve. I love serving it alongside my Slow Cooker Steak Tacos! Enjoy!
More Rice Recipes
Pin for later:
Leftover Cilantro Lime RicePrint
- 3 cups leftover white rice
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Place leftover rice in a microwave safe bowl, and drizzle 3 tablespoons of water on top of it. Cover with damp paper towel and cook for 1 minute in the microwave, or until rice is completely heated throughout.
- In a food processor add cilantro, lime juice and salt and pulse until cilantro is finely chopped.
- Remove rice from the microwave and mix in cilantro lime mixture, stirring to fully combine. Serve and enjoy!