Fresh Summer salad made with lettuce, kale and radishes, drizzled with a simple olive oil lime dressing on top. This is a delicious, healthy garden salad!
Kale and Radish Salad
This salad is 100% picked from the garden which always makes me very happy. It’s made with a lettuce and kale with sliced radishes thrown in.
I prefer oil based dressings instead of creamy, so I made a simple lime dressing to go on top. To balance out the sour taste of the lime, we add in a little bit of sugar.
How to Make Lime Dressing
Lime dressing is one my favorites – I love not only adding this on salads, but it’s great on pasta and even drizzled on avocado too – yum!
In a small bowl, mix together olive oil, lime juice, sugar and salt & pepper. Keep stirring until the sugar is completely dissolved. If you think you need more sweetness, you can add a little bit more sugar, or on the opposite side, add less if you prefer more of a savory salad dressing.
If you really love the dressing, you can even double, triple (or more) this recipe and keep it in a bottle in the fridge!
This is such a great salad to tweak and to use what you’re growing or in season at the farmers market.
- Use lettuce or arugula for your greens. You can even do a little bit of each.
- Instead of lime juice, you can use lemon juice.
- Add in cherry tomatoes if your tomato plants are giving you too many.
- For a crunch, add in chopped up carrots, sunflower or sesame seeds.
- Sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top when serving in bowls.
I hope you enjoy this delicious fresh greens and radish salad!
Pin for later:
Greens and Radish Salad with Lime DressingPrint
- 3 cups kale washed and chopped
- 3 cups lettuce (or arugula or a blend) washed and chopped
- 2 radishes washed, sliced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- salt + pepper to taste
- Add greens and radishes into a large bowl.
- Mix lime juice, olive oil, sugar and salt + pepper together in a small bowl until sugar is dissolved.
- Pour lime dressing over vegetables in the bowl and toss to coat. Serve and enjoy!