SOFT and EASY PUMPKIN SOURDOUGH Dinner Rolls! This homemade recipe is quick and easy and doesn’t need a bread machine! These Fall rolls are so fluffy and perfect to serve at Thanksgiving. My family loves these rolls and always requests them!
If you follow me on social media you might know I have a thing about baking bread. This Summer I started to get into it, especially Sourdough bread. I keep my Sourdough Starter in the fridge, bringing it out weekly to feed and bake something delicious. With so many garden pumpkins I wanted to mix it into a bread recipe so I came up with these extra delicious and soft Pumpkin Sourdough Dinner Rolls.
Warning: You will not be able to eat just 1 roll. Probably not 2 rolls. They are so delicious you’ll want to eat them all!
PS. Looking for more pumpkin recipes?
- 1 cup Sourdough starter
- 1 1/2 cup warm water
- 1 tablespoon yeast
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup pumpkin
- 4-5 cups flour
- melted butter
- In a large bowl combine sourdough starter, water, yeast, salt, sugar and oil.
- Add pumpkin and 3 cups of flour. Combine with wooden spoon.
- Continue adding 1/2 cups of flour until your dough is sticky, but not too sticky that you can't knead it. You will use anywhere from 4 to 5 cups of flour total.
- Once dough is made, knead it inside the bowl for 5 minutes.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and let set in a warm place for 1 hour. Dough should approximately double in size.
- Punch dough down with your hands.
- With floured hands, form dough into small dinner rolls. Place on sprayed pan (with nonstick spray) or on silicone baking sheets. Let sit for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Bake rolls for 20 minutes.
- During the last 5 minutes of baking, brush rolls with melted butter and continue baking.
- Makes approximately 18 rolls.