Extra soft Pumpkin Sourdough Dinner Rolls recipe. These rolls have a subtle pumpkin flavor and make the perfect roll for Fall dinners and holidays.
If you follow me on social media you might know I have a thing about baking bread. This Summer I started to get into it, especially Sourdough bread. I keep my Sourdough Starter in the fridge, bringing it out weekly to feed and bake something delicious. With so much fresh pumpkin we have now from our garden pumpkins I wanted to mix it into a bread recipe so I came up with these extra delicious and soft Pumpkin Sourdough Dinner Rolls.
Warning: You will not be able to eat just 1 roll. Probably not 2 rolls. They are so delicious you’ll want to eat them all!
- 1 cup Sourdough starter
- 1 1/2 cup warm water
- 1 tablespoon yeast
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup pumpkin
- 4-5 cups flour
- melted butter
- In a large bowl combine sourdough starter, water, yeast, salt, sugar and oil.
- Add pumpkin and 3 cups of flour. Combine with wooden spoon.
- Continue adding 1/2 cups of flour until your dough is sticky, but not too sticky that you can't knead it. You will use anywhere from 4 to 5 cups of flour total.
- Once dough is made, knead it inside the bowl for 5 minutes.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and let set in a warm place for 1 hour. Dough should approximately double in size.
- Punch dough down with your hands.
- With floured hands, form dough into small dinner rolls. Place on sprayed pan (with nonstick spray) or on silicone baking sheets. Let sit for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Bake rolls for 20 minutes.
- During the last 5 minutes of baking, brush rolls with melted butter and continue baking.
- Makes approximately 18 rolls.