Fudgy Black Bean Peanut Butter Brownies – the best brownies you’ll ever taste! Noone will guess they’re made with black beans!
You know I only share the best with you guys, right? So you totally have to believe me that these brownies are the best.
We finished these brownies in 2 days. I went into the brownie box (what, you don’t have a brownie box?) for one and there was no more left. My hands started to shake, “Matthew, did you eat the last brownie?!” I shouted. He said yes. My night was destroyed. The next day I made another batch. These brownies are THAT GOOD.
I love these brownies because they are so fudgy and chocolate ooey gooey. They’re soft, they’re moist and because they are made with black beans and oats, I’m totally going to call them healthy too. What? I can do that. If you’ve never had a black bean brownie, you have to trust me in that they are amazing. You won’t even be able to tell there’s black beans to be honest and you don’t even have to tell anyone they’re made with black beans… until after they finish and tell you how delicious they are, then you can giggle and raise your hands triumphantly in the air and shout “THEY ARE MADE WITH BLACK BEANS!”. A few years ago I sent my Father black bean brownies in the mail. I just told him they were chocolate brownies because I know if I would have mentioned the ingredients he would eyed me evilly. Well after he finished a batch and declared his love for these delicious treats, then I gave him the 1-2-3 punch of “THEY ARE MADE WITH BLACK BEANS!”. It never gets old.
Goodness, I really love these brownies. And surprising people.
So what I’m saying is I really want you to try these Fudgy Black Bean Brownies because they are out of this world. So out of this world that if a Alien stopped by Earth tomorrow I think a black bean brownie would be a fair gift to give the alien to represent how beautiful our Planet is. The Alien would be very happy.
These brownies are the best.
- 1 15 oz can of black beans - drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup creamy regular or maple peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup quick oats
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup coconut or vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup + handful chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients except chocolate chips in a food processor. Pulse until smooth and creamy.
- Stir in 1/2 cup chocolate chips and mix with spoon so they are equally distributed.
- Grease 8x8 pan and pour brownie mixture in it. Take a spatula to smooth out the top.
- Bake the brownies for 16-18 minutes.
- Once out of the oven, let cool, then sprinkle the handful of chocolate chips on top. Use a spoon or spatula to gently push them into the top of the brownies.