Salted Roasted Soybeans recipe using fresh soybeans. This healthy baked snack recipe is so easy to make!
A few years ago I learned how easy it is to grow soybeans in your garden. They tend to be one of those plants where you plant a seed, don’t do much else and suddenly you have beans galore to pick.
Soybeans can be used in many recipes, including fresh edamame, soybean pesto for pasta/dip. For this harvest I wanted to use some of our soybeans for a roasted healthy snack, something where I can throw a bunch in a bag and enjoy at my desk at work or a road trip. I love guilt free snacking so I love these Roasted Salted Soybeans.
Roasted Soybeans recipe
First you have to remove each bean from it’s pod. This takes some time if you have lots of soybeans. Removing the beans when the shells are still wet makes it easier. Keep the beans. Compost/discard the pods. Blot the beans with paper towels to remove any excess water.
You’ll want to roast these soybeans at 350 degrees from 30 minutes to 1.5 hours. The time varies so much because it depends on how wet they are, the amount, etc. Mine took 1 hour, 15 minutes.
For any you don’t eat immediately, store in a mason jar in your cabinet. They stay good for quite a long time.
Healthy Snack Recipes
Looking for more healthy snack recipes? Try my:
- fresh soybeans still in shells
- nonstick spray
- sea salt
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add in soybeans (still in shells) to boiling water. Boil for 4 minutes. Drain. Rinse with cold water.
- Remove each bean from it's pod. This takes some time if you have lots of soybeans. Removing the beans when the shells are still wet makes it easier. Keep the beans. Compost/discard the pods. Blot the beans with paper towels to remove any excess water.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a pan with nonstick spray. Place the beans in a single layer on pan. Sprinkle with sea salt.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Stir the beans.
- Bake for another 15 minutes. Stir the beans.
- Repeat until they are roasted.
- Beans will take 30 minutes-1.5 hours until they are done, depending on how wet they are, the amount, etc. It's best if you review them every 15 minutes to make sure they don't burn.
- Let cool and eat. Enjoy!