Healthy Crispy Parmesan Wasabi Soybeans to snack on! Enjoy these roasted soybeans that have a spicy kick to them!
I’m a fan of wasabi. I love the spicy kick out of it. Not only do I love it for sushi, but I love making snacks with it too – like wasabi popcorn and these roasted wasabi soybeans!
Roasted snacks tend to be pricey (like roasted wasabi edamame in the store that I can easily finish in one sitting!) so I started making my own with our overabundance of soybeans that we grow in the garden!
These soybeans are crunchy, crispy and perfect for a snack at home or on the go! The wasabi gives them a little spicy kick, while the salty Parmesan balances them out.
I hope you like this roasted wasabi edamame recipe!
What type of soybeans should I use?
You can use fresh or thawed soybeans for this recipe. If using frozen, defrost them first and then pat down with a towel to remove any extra moisture. The less water locked in, the more crispy the soybeans will bake.
How to Roast Soybeans
Line baking sheet with parchment paper for easy cleanup.
In a bowl mix soybeans, salt, olive oil, wasabi powder and Parmesan cheese to coat the beans.
Note: You can easily double, triple, or more this recipe. Just change the servings in the recipe card and the amounts will automatically change!
Place soybeans on a baking sheet, spreading them out single layer.
Bake until crispy – and eat them all! 🙂
How to Store
Store roasted soybeans in a sealed jar or plastic bag in a dark dry cabinet. Roasted soybeans will last for a while, but good luck because you probably will eat them in a few days.
Need More Soybean Recipes?
Pin for later:
Crispy Parmesan Wasabi SoybeansPrint
- 1 cup shelled edamame soybeans thawed or fresh, make sure they are patted dry
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons wasabi powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl mix all ingredients together so soybeans are well coated with seasonings.
- Place soybeans on baking sheet, spreading them out so they are on a single layer.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until they are crispy and slightly browned. Flip the soybeans halfway through. Remove from oven, allow to cool and enjoy!