Easy to make Wasabi Popcorn recipe. This healthy snack is only 31 calories per cup! I love to eat this when I’m watching TV on the couch!
Popcorn, it’s pretty amazing, right? It’s a staple for movie watching. It’s a great snack in bed reading (although could get messy if you drop a few pieces – don’t worry, you’ll find them eventually). And for dinner, sure, why not.
1 cup of air popped popcorn has 31 calories which means if you eat 16 cups of popcorn it’s 496 calories. Are you amazed? I am.
As I write this post I’m 2 episodes away from being caught up on the amazing show Scandal. So that means by the time you read this, I probably am caught up completely and am crying in a corner somewhere because I’m so sad my workout sessions don’t involve President Fitzgerald Grant anymore. If you aren’t watching Scandal, you have to watch a episode! You will either feel:
– You want to be Olivia Pope. You want all of her coats. You want to know how she stays warm in the winter because her coats don’t look very warm (although beautiful) and usually always her bare shoulders or arms or chest is showing. I mean I assume she has a driver and isn’t working to work, but still, girl has got to catch a chill traveling from her apartment to the office.
-You start to count the glasses of red wine she is drinking and how she never spills it on her white clothes (beautiful) ever.
-You fall in love with President Fitzgerald Grant.
-You don’t like President Fitzgerald Grant.
-You want popcorn.
Healthy Popcorn Recipe
Olivia Pope loves popcorn. When she’s alone at home, she curls up to a big bowl of popcorn for dinner. When I first watched the show I was amazed by this popcorn for dinner idea, and then I started to see so many more blogs and twitter friends talking about popcorn for dinner. You guys are changing my life. I totally didn’t get the memo that I can eat popcorn for dinner, but I’m now in the loop!
I made Wasabi Soy Sauce Popcorn and it’s really delicious, even to the point that Matthew who isn’t a big Wasabi fan was helping me finish every single piece left. I always air pop our popcorn which I think tastes the best (this is the air popper we have).
Then I melt coconut oil (you can use butter if you’d like) to pour over the popcorn. This oil (or butter) will make all the seasonings stick nicely. For the seasoning, it’s wasabi powder, soy sauce, sea salt and some red pepper flakes for a extra kick.
Enjoy this Wasabi Popcorn recipe!
Wasabi Soy Sauce Popcorn
Easy to make Wasabi Popcorn recipe. This healthy snack is only 31 calories per cup! I love to eat this when I'm watching TV on the couch!
- 8 cups popped popcorn this is 1/4 cup kernels unpopped
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil or butter
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons wasabi powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Pop your popcorn as usual. I like to air pop mine.
- Melt your coconut oil or butter in microwave. Add in soy sauce and wasabi powder and stir until completely mixed.
- Pour oil/butter mixture over warm popcorn and mix to coat.
- Sprinkle in sea salt and red pepper flakes and mix again.