Delicious Chinese Pepper Beef and Vegetables. Tender beef cubes and frozen vegetables are cooked in a homemade thick sauce to make a yummy stir-fry the whole family will love. Complete this meal by serving over rice or noodles.
Chinese Pepper Beef recipe
This Chinese Pepper Beef recipe is so good! The beef slices are tender, and covered in a homemade savory sauce! We also add in frozen vegetables to make it super easy! Served over a bowl of hot rice (or noodles) with an egg roll on the side this might become your new dinner favorite!
What kind of beef should I use?
I recommend using beef cubes, or thin flank steak. You can also use sirloin steak or skirt steak.
What kind of frozen vegetables should I use?
Look for the frozen vegetables labeled as “Asian medley” or “stir fry blend” in the frozen food section. Alternatively, you can really use any mixture of frozen vegetables if you have a couple open bags in the freezer you need to get rid of.
How to make this beef pepper stir fry
Brown the beef in a skillet, cooking until it’s fully cooked.
Make the sauce by mixing green peppers, frozen vegetables, tomato paste, beef broth, soy sauce, cornstarch, sugar, ginger and black pepper together in the skillet. You’ll want to cook this until the sauce thickens.
Add beef back into the skillet with the sauce and simmer. This will let the beef soak up the yummy sauce!
Serve pepper beef and vegetables over rice or with lo mein noodles.
- Don’t want to use steak? You can use pork tenderloin or chicken if you’d like.
- You can use fresh vegetables if you want! Steam fresh broccoli and carrots to soften them up before adding to them to the skillet. You can also add baby corn, sugar snap peas, cabbage and beansprouts to the meal!
Pin for later:
Chinese Pepper Beef and VegetablesPrint
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound beef cubes or thin flank steak
- 1 large green bell pepper chopped into thin slices
- 10 ounce bag frozen asian medley vegetables (any frozen vegetable medley will do)
- 6 ounce can tomato paste
- 1 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add beef, stirring often, cooking until it's browned and completely cooked and no longer pink inside – about 10 minutes. Remove beef from skillet and set aside.
- Place the skillet back in the stove and add tomato paste, beef broth, green pepper, frozen vegetables, soy sauce, cornstarch, sugar, pepper and ginger in the skillet. Bring the sauce to a low boil, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes to thicken it.
- Add beef into the sauce mixture and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Serve beef and vegetables over rice or noodles. Enjoy!