AMAZING Chinese Pepper Beef Cubes – this easy to make Chinese recipe is tasty and will have your family begging for it! Serve beef and vegetables over white rice for a healthy authentic Chinese meal!
Do you have a favorite Chinese dish? I’m a big fan of Chinese soups (like salted pork and cabbage), Chicken and Broccoli and I’m always down for Lo Mein. One thing I always love in my dishes is a ton of vegetables covered in that delicious Chinese sauce they always smoother them in. It doesn’t matter if it’s peppers, broccoli, carrots, water chestnuts or something else, I can’t say no to a yummy vegetable.
Right now being Winter I am craving fresh vegetables. I am missing the green pepper overload from the garden. I can’t wait to pick broccoli in the Spring. Thankfully we still have enough carrots left from Fall so I have those to survive on. Over the weekend it was freezing (literally). The wind was harsh, my knees were shaking and my gloves didn’t feel like they were doing much of anything. One thing I craved when I got home was a warm fresh meal, something that would take me out of the Winter blues.
Chinese Pepper Beef Cubes recipe
In this dish the beef cubes and vegetables are going to be the perfect combination with the sauce. Served over a bowl of hot rice (or noodles) with a egg roll on the side (of course!) this might become your new dinner favorite!
I love serving this dish alongside some vegetable egg rolls too!
Go ahead and give this a recipe a shot, I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!
Pin for later:
Chinese Pepper Beef CubesPrint
- 1 pound beef cubes
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 6 oz can of tomato paste
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1 large bell pepper - chopped into thin slices
- 2 cups frozen Oriental vegetables stir fry any frozen vegetable medley will do
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup cooked rice
- Heat the vegetable oil in large skillet over medium high heat. Add beef cubes and cook until they're done, about 10-15 minutes and no longer pink inside. Remove beef from skillet and set aside.
- Add tomato paste, water, beef broth, green pepper, Oriental vegetables, soy sauce, cornstarch, sugar, ginger and pepper in skillet.
- Bring the sauce to a low boil, stirring occasionally for 10 minutes.
- Add beef cubes into sauce mixture and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Serve beef cubes and vegetables over hot rice.
Leave a Comment