Moist ooey gooey Butter Cake recipe made with cake mix and 4 other ingredients. This easy recipe has a cream cheese crust over a cake mix layer.
Cake Mix Butter Cake Recipe
This Butter Cake recipe is delicious and easy to make. It’s made with a box of cake mix and 4 other ingredients (butter, eggs, cream cheese, powdered sugar). It only takes about 10 minutes to put together before it goes into the oven to bake.
The bottom layer is the cake layer, while the top layer is that ooey gooey cream cheese layer which will definitely be everyone’s favorite.
What Makes it so Ooey Gooey?
When you bake this you might think it’s not done after the 45 minutes of baking time, but trust me it is. This cake is extremely moist and ooey gooey, and that’s because of the top layer of cream cheese mixed with powdered sugar.
After you remove the cake from the oven, allow to cool before cutting slices. As you can see, the cake will hold it’s shape and doesn’t fall apart while still being super ooey gooey!
How to Make
First, make sure to spray a 13×9 baking dish with nonstick spray to prevent the cake from sticking.
Make the top layer by mixing cream cheese, powdered sugar and eggs together and then spreading on top.
Bake for 45 minutes. Allow to cool before cutting into it as this will prevent it from falling apart when you serve.
You can cut this cake into however amount of slices you want. I usually do 9 or 12, but you can even do more as a little slice goes a long way.
Love Chocolate? Make my Gooey Chocolate Butter Cake.
Want to make it festive? You can easily dress up this cake for the holidays by adding colorful sprinkles. You can even turn this into a Confetti Birthday Butter Cake by adding rainbow sprinkles to the batter.
Other Recipes You’ll Like:
Pin for later:
Cake Mix Butter CakePrint
- 1 15.25 ounce box yellow cake mix or butter cake mix
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 4 eggs
- 8 ounce cream cheese
- 4 cups powdered sugar (equals a 16 oz box)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 13×9 baking dish with nonstick spray.
- Cream cake mix and butter together in a large bowl using a hand mixer. Add 2 eggs and continue mixing. Pour mixture into the bottom of the pan.
- In the same bowl mix together cream cheese, powdered sugar and remaining 2 eggs. Spread this mixture on top of the first mixture.
- Bake for 45 minutes. Allow to cool before cutting and serving.