Easy Brussels Sprouts, Cherry Tomatoes and Gnocchi meal using 1 pound of Brussels Sprouts, ready in 20 minutes. Brussels Sprouts are cooked with buttery onions for a deep flavor. Serve for a simple healthy dinner meal!
Brussels Sprouts, Cherry Tomatoes and Gnocchi
I always marvel at when we grow brussels sprouts in the garden. Mostly because it’s amazing to see them growing up the plants, but also because I know we have some delicious brussels sprouts meals coming!
We love brussels sprouts with kielbasa, butter brussels sprouts and mushrooms, cheesy brussels sprouts, brussels sprouts cooked in the slow cooker with sausage and potatoes, brussels sprouts and rigatoni and now this meal – brussels sprouts and gnocchi!
This dish uses brussels sprouts, cherry tomatoes and onions, making it a great garden meal in the Spring and Fall for us. I hope you try it soon!
How to Make in 20 Minutes
This is a simple meal to make, taking about 20 minutes from start to finish, all made in a skillet. Here’s how to make it:
Sauté brussels sprouts, onion and garlic in butter, cooking until brussels sprouts start to brown.
Add water and gnocchi and continue to cooking until gnocchi starts to brown on the sides. It’s important to keep stirring the gnocchi during this step or it will stick.
Add lemon juice and cherry tomatoes, tossing to mix everything.
Serve, with a little sprinkle of Parmesan cheese on top. Enjoy!
Can I add meat?
Can I use frozen gnocchi?
You can use either packaged or frozen gnocchi for this meal. Follow the recipe as instructed for both types.
How to Store
Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator. To reheat, you can heat it up in the microwave or skillet. I like to add a little drizzle of olive oil on top when reheating as it helps freshen the meal up.
Pin for later:
Brussels Sprouts and GnocchiPrint
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 pound Brussels Sprouts ends trimmed and cut into quarters
- ¼ cup yellow onion finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ cup water
- 17 ounce package gnocchi
- ½ teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- Parmesan cheese optional
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add Brussels Sprouts, onion and garlic, cooking until brussels sprouts brown and onion turns translucent, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and stir.
- Add gnocchi and water to the skillet and continue to cook, stirring often, until gnocchi starts to brown, about 7-10 minutes. Make sure to keep stirring as gnocchi will stick to the skillet quickly.
- Add lemon juice and cherry tomatoes and stir to coat. Serve in bowls with a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese on top. Enjoy!