Easy Creamy Pasta with Brussels Sprouts! Brussels Sprouts are cooked with the pasta and then coated in a creamy white Parmesan cheese sauce. Serve it whenever you need a quick dinner meal!
20 Minute Brussels Sprouts and Pasta
This is an easy 20-minute meal from start to finish. Chop up brussels sprouts and cook them with rigatoni. While they’re cooking, make the cream sauce made with butter, minced garlic, chicken broth, milk and Parmesan cheese.
Pour the cheese sauce on top of pasta and brussels sprouts and dinner is ready! Don’t you love how easy that was?
How to Make
Cook rigatoni and brussels sprouts together in a large pot. Drain and place them back into the pot.
Make the cream sauce by first melting butter with garlic. Once meted, add flour and whisk until no clumps are remaining. Add in chicken broth and milk and continue to stir until the sauce thickens.
Add in Parmesan cheese and seasonings and stir until cream sauce forms.
Pour cream sauce over rigatoni and brussels sprouts in the pot, stirring so the sauce coats everything.
Serve and enjoy!
Can I use a different pasta?
Sure, use the type of pasta you have on hand. Rigatoni, spaghetti, rotini, large shells and bow ties are all great for this recipe.
Can I use frozen brussels sprouts?
Yes, you can either use fresh or frozen brussels sprouts for this recipe. Cook them both the same way, but add less time for frozen brussels sprouts – about 5 minutes boiling with the pasta.
How to store leftovers
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Eat within 2-3 days. Heat up in the microwave or in a small pot on the stove, stirring often to prevent sticking. If heating up on the stovetop I like to add a splash of chicken broth to freshen up the pasta.
Pin for later:
Creamy Brussels Sprouts RigatoniPrint
- 16 ounce box rigatoni
- 1 pound Brussels Sprouts cut into quarters
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- ½ cup chicken broth
- ½ cup milk
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- Salt and pepper to season
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add pasta and brussels sprouts to the pot and cook according to the box of pasta’s directions. Drain, and put pasta and brussels sprouts back into the pot.
- Melt butter and garlic in a medium saucepan. Add flour and whisk until smooth. Add chicken broth and milk, continuing to stir for a few minutes until the sauce thickens. Add Parmesan cheese, parsley and salt & pepper to the saucepan and continue to stir until the sauce is creamy, about 3 minutes.
- Pour cream sauce over pasta and brussels sprouts in the pot. Stir so the cream sauce coats everything. Serve and enjoy!