THE BEST Blueberry Buckle Crumble Cake that is delicious and tastes just like Coffee Cake! This moist cake recipe is easy to make and has a yummy Streusel Topping. Ingredients are simple – you probably have everything in your kitchen already to make it! Enjoy my favorite dessert! This recipe is sponsored by Peapod.
I can’t believe I’m just getting around to sharing this recipe with you because it has been a favorite in my kitchen for years. I started making this recipe about 7 years ago in the Summer when I was looking for a recipe to use fresh blueberries in. I love myself a good piece of cake, and I love myself a cinnamon sugar butter crumble, so this was the perfect recipe to combine these delicious food ideas together.
The cake part of this recipe is moist, soft and filled with berries. The crumble part of this cake is made with sugar, flour, cinnamon and cold butter to make a crumbly topping which (trust me!) everyone is going to love. After it bakes for 45 minutes, let it cool and you’ll love how smoothly it’s going to fall out of your pan to cut up into pieces. I recently made this Blueberry Buckle Crumble Cake for a get together brunch with friends and I heard multiple loving reviews as friends grabbed a piece of it.
I would rank this recipe up there in my top 5 most popular and favorite desserts – so I hope you give it a shot and see what all the love is about!
Gather up all your ingredients that you’ll need for this recipe. All my ingredients came delivered to my home from Peapod, which you learned in a previous post, I love! I love their produce, I love their prices, I love how nice their delivery people are! I’m a Peapod girl – what can I say? You need to check out their “Peapod Takes Brooklyn” page! You might find some other recipes by me there too!
Fold the blueberries into the batter gently, not to crush too many of the blueberries.
Now add your batter into a 8×8 pan that’s been sprayed with nonstick spray.
Prepare your crumble…. the best part! You want your butter to be chilled or softened – not melted. Chilled butter is going to create a good crumble on top.
Pop this into your oven and in 45 minutes you’re going to have my favorite dessert made! Seriously, look at how beautiful the crumble on top turned out!
Let cool for about 15 minutes. You have the option of cutting into pieces right into the pan (less messy) or if you’re looking to make a statement on the dessert table, you can turn it upside down and gently push it out of the pan.
Isn’t it a beauty?
Go ahead and cut into pieces. I like to cut mine into 9 pieces and then cut each one in half to equal 18 pieces of Crumble Cake.
This is going to be gone in no time at all so make sure you grab a piece (or 2!) for yourself.
- 1/4 cup butter - melted
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup milk
- 6 oz pint of fresh blueberries
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/3 cup, slightly softened (but not melted!) butter
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl cream butter and sugar together with hand mixer. Add in your egg and beat. Add flour, baking powder, salt and continue to mix. Add vanilla and milk and mix one more time.
- Add in blueberries and mix around with a spoon so blueberries are equally distributed.
- Spray a 8x8 pan with nonstick spray. Pour your cake batter into the pan.
- In a small bowl combine sugar, flour and cinnamon. Add in your softened (not melted!) butter and mix with a fork to make a crumble mixture. Once crumbly, sprinkle on top of your cake.
- Bake for 45 to 47 minutes. Let cool for at least 15 minutes. Cut cake into preferred size pieces (I usually cut it into 18 pieces).
- To double the recipe, double the ingredients and put in 13 x 9" pan.
I’ve partnered with Peapod to create this recipe content. As always, all thoughts and opinions are my own.