Super moist Cherry Clafoutis recipe that’s delicious! This French dessert looks fancy but it’s so easy to make! Sweet tart cherries really shine in this creamy custard!
When it’s cherry season, I’m on it. During the months of July and August I’m buying up endless bags of sweet tart cherries. From red cherries to Rainier cherries to moon cherries (find them, they’re my favorite!) – I’m snacking on them nonstop!
What else am I doing with those juicy cherries? I’m making Cherry Clafoutis (pronounced klah-foo-tee) which is a French dessert that looks fancy, but it’s so easy to make! I like to describe Cherry Clafoutis as a custard, but kinda like a fruit pie. It’s extremely moist inside due to the cherries, but it’s baked in a 9×9 pan so when you serve it, it has the appearance of a pie.
However you want to describe it, that’s fine, but let’s all agree that it’s absolutely delicious. Show off to your friends and family and head to the kitchen to make this Cherry Clafoutis!
How to Make Cherry Clafoutis – It’s Simple!
Prep. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and spray a 9×9 pan with nonstick spray. You can bake this in other similar sized pans but I prefer it in a square pan.
Make. Place eggs in a large bowl and beat with a whisk until foamy. Add milk (whole milk is preferred), all-purpose flour, sugar, vanilla, nutmeg and salt. Mix. Pour batter into the pan.
Cherry time. Pit cherries. You can do this messily with your finger, use a chopstick or use a cherry pitter if you have one. Place the cherries on top, covering it.
Bake. Place in the oven and bake for around 40 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Once it comes out of the oven, allow to cool for 15 minutes before serving.
Serve on a plate or bowl, with a little powdered sugar on top (optional, but highly recommended). I hope you enjoy this Cherry Clafoutis recipe!
Pin for later:
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/4 cup milk
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- dash of salt
- 1 1/2 cup pitted cherries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray 9×9 pan with nonstick spray.
- Place eggs in large bowl and beat until foamy. Add milk, flour, sugar, vanilla, nutmeg and salt to bowl and mix until smooth and creamy. Pour batter into pan.
- Add pitted cherries on top, completely covering.
- Bake for 35-40 minute or until browned and a toothpick come out clean. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 15 minutes. Serve in bowls or plates, sprinkling powdered sugar on top (optional).