Easy to make 4th of July Dessert Pie, made with sugar cookie dough, cool-whip, cream cheese and fruit! Red, White, Blue and patriotically delicious!
4th of July Dessert
This is such an easy 4th of July dessert to make! All you need to do is bake the pie crust, mix cool-whip and cream cheese together for the “frosting” and then add fruit on top.
For the top, you can write a patriotic message of your choice, or make a decorative pattern. Let your voice and love for America be heard on the 4th of July dessert table.
How do you make pie crust with sugar cookie dough?
This dessert pie is so easy because we’re using refrigerated cookie dough to turn into the pie crust.
Simply remove the cookie dough from packaging and roll out on a floured surface. Once it reaches the size of the baking dish you’re using, gently pick up and place into the dish.
Tip: Roll out the cookie dough immediately after you remove it from the refrigerator. If you let it sit, it will become soft and more likely to fall apart when rolling out.
How to Make 4th of July Pie
All you need is:
- Sugar Cookie Dough
- Cream Cheese
- Fresh Fruit
Roll out cookie dough and place into a 9×13 baking dish.
Bake in the oven until dough comes golden brown. Allow to cool completely (this is important so it doesn’t melt the “frosting” below).
In a large bowl, mix together cool-whip and cream cheese using a hand mixer until fluffy, this usually takes 2-3 minutes.
Spread cool-whip/cream cheese mixture on top of the crust, using a spatula to even out.
Using chopped up strawberries and whole blueberries make a USA flag on top, or a political message about your dislike for Ted Cruz, or another message of your choice.
Chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve. This can be made a day in advance to make your holiday planning easier.
Can I use a pie pan?
Sure, you can use a circular pie baking dish if you prefer.
Other Fruit Desserts You’ll Like:
Pin for later:
4th of July Dessert PiePrint
- 1 (16 oz package) refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 1 (8 oz container) cool-whip thawed
- 1 (8 oz package) cream cheese
- fresh strawberries chopped up
- fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9×13 baking dish with nonstick spray.
- Roll out cookie dough and press into the baking dish. Place in the oven and bake until golden brown, about 13-15 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
- Add cool whip and cream cheese into a large mixing bowl. Using an electric hand mixer, mix until fluffy. Using a spatula, spread out to cover the entire crust.
- Arrange fruit of your choice (I prefer strawberries and blueberries) into a decorative pattern or patriotic message.
- Place in the refrigerator and keep cool until ready to serve. To save on time this can be prepared the day before.