Creamy Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes , these are just like mashed potatoes but instead uses no potatoes or milk! This will be your new favorite side dish recipe for Thanksgiving and Christmas dinner!
If there’s one side dish that is almost always requested for dinner and holidays it’s Creamy Mashed Cauliflower. This is a healthier take on regular mashed potatoes as it’s made with cauliflower instead.
With cauliflower so popular in the garden right now Summer often becomes a time to enjoy it. One of my favorite dinners is some BBQ chicken served alongside a big spoonful of Creamy Mashed Cauliflower. As soon as the basket is full of cauliflower heads it’s almost a given that this recipe will be made in the next few days to be enjoyed. Right now we have multiple cauliflower heads that we harvested so we’re lucking out being able to have this pretty often.
Don’t worry though, this isn’t just a Summertime fresh recipe. This recipe doesn’t have to be made with fresh cauliflower, it can also be made with a 16 oz bag of frozen cauliflower. So if you’d rather use frozen, go for it, it will still be just as delicious.
Now let’s get to the recipe!
I hope you guys enjoy this Creamy Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes!
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 large head of fresh cauliflower or 16 oz frozen cauliflower
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon whipped cream cheese
- 1 cup instant potatoes
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- dried parsley to garnish
- Bring chicken broth to a boil.
- Add fresh or frozen cauliflower and boil for 10 minutes.
- Take off burner and add in cheeses, instant potatoes, butter and garlic powder.
- Use potato masher to smash and stir until creamy.
- Serve and garnish with dried parsley on top.