EASY Crockpot Salisbury Steak With Cream of Mushroom Soup! This Slow Cooker recipe is easy to make and is ready in 5 hours! It’s made with dry onion soup mix and cream of mushroom soup to make a comforting gravy your entire family is going to love! I always serve on egg noodles or with mashed potatoes! This is one of my favorites simple weeknight meals!
I hope you had a great weekend! This past Sunday we cheered the runners on outside our apartment during the NYC Marathon! The weather was chilly and the raindrops were falling so I knew we were going to have a comforting slow cooker Sunday night meal!
I made this Crockpot Salisbury Steak with Cream of Mushroom Soup and it was the perfect dish to say goodbye to the weekend with. This Slow Cooker meal is creamy, comforting, hearty and just warms the heart in the way that home cooked meals should.
Tip to Make More Healthy
A helpful hint: use lean, less fat ground beef. If you don’t use a lean beef, it’s going to make your creamy gravy more on the greasy side. This can totally be made with non lean beef, but I think it overall tastes better with a 90/10 blend. After you shape your steak patties then roll around in a dusting of flour.
How to Make Salisbury Steak in Crockpot
Salisbury Steak has been one of my favorites since I was a child but I wasn’t in the mood to do a baked salisbury steak, instead I wanted something to throw in the Slow Cooker and make dinner easy.
The actual Salisbury Steak patties are easy to make. Throw ground beef, dry onion soup mix, bread crumbs and milk in a bowl and mix around with your hands, and then form the patties.
Now throw them in a big frying pan and fry until browned on both sides.
Once the patties are browned then place them in your slow cooker on top of your cream of mushroom soup mixture. I like to add additional mushrooms and onions to the dish. You could also add potatoes and carrots if you want!
Spoon some of the mushroom soup on top of the patties, close the lid and cook on low for 5 hours. While it cooks enjoy the smell of your kitchen because it’s going to smell amazing! After 5 hours, dinner is ready!
We usually serve it on top of egg noodles or alongside mashed potatoes.
I hope you enjoy this Crockpot Salisbury Steak With Cream of Mushroom Soup as much as we do!
Click here for more 4 hour slow cooker recipes!
Pin for later:
Crockpot Salisbury SteakPrint
- 2 pounds ground beef (make sure it’s lean)
- (1) 1 oz dry onion soup mix
- 1/2 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 10.75 oz cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1 tablespoon beef bouillon powder
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1 8 oz package sliced mushrooms
- In a large bowl mix ground beef, onion soup mix, bread crumbs and milk. Form 10 Salisbury steak patties with your hands. Lightly dust them with flour on both sides.
- Coat frying pan with olive oil over medium high heat and add patties, cooking until brown on both sides.
- Add cream of mushroom soup, beef bouillon, water, onion and mushrooms in slow cooker, stir so everything is combined. Add browned beef patties to slow cooker and spoon some of the soup mixture on top.
- Cook on low for 5 hours.
- Serve with egg noodles or mashed potatoes. Enjoy!