Homemade Whole Wheat SLOW COOKER Bread recipe that’s so easy to make! This simple recipe is made in the crock pot and uses honey instead of sugar. This bread is healthy and great for clean eating! Use it for sandwiches or for breakfast, I love mine with a little butter and jam!
Whole Wheat Crockpot Bread
Remember my 2 Hour Slow Cooker Bread? I had a few requests for a Whole Wheat version so I baked my heart out one weekend and made this Whole Wheat Slow Cooker Bread, also made in 2 hours!
If you’re anything like me, then you love bread. No, you don’t just love bread, you LOVE LOVE bread. I am pretty sure bread is up there in my top 5 favorite foods of all time. Bread is perfect for sandwiches of course, but it makes the perfect partner for a creamy casserole.
One of my favorite quick breakfast meals is a slice of bread with butter and raspberry jam on it! It’s perfect!
No Sugar Bread Recipe
Instead of sugar like many bread recipes call for, we’re using honey instead to add a little bit of sweetness.
After we add the active dry yeast, let it sit for about 10 minutes until it gets foamy.
Now knead this slow cooker bread and roll it into a ball. Cover for 30 minutes and put in a warm spot. Now watch it..
Double in size!
Now throw it in your slow cooker crockpot and watch your dough rise into a beautiful loaf of Whole Wheat Bread. Wasn’t that easy?
This bread is the perfect combination of crusty and soft in the inside. The rosemary (optional) on top adds a nice touch of flavor and scent.
Hope you enjoy this easy bread recipe!
Other Bread Recipes:
- 2 Hour Crockpot Bread
- Sourdough Crockpot Bread
- Homemade Slow Cooker Bagels
- Fluffy Bread Machine Rolls
- Easy Garlic Knots
- Bread Machine Italian Bread
- Pumpkin Dinner Rolls
- Moist Jalapeno Cornbread
- Flaky Biscuits
Pin for later:
Whole Wheat Slow Cooker BreadPrint
- 1 cup warm water
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon active dry yeast
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 cups whole wheat flour
- rosemary optional
- Pour warm water into a large bowl. Add honey and mix until dissolved. Add dry yeast and stir. Let sit for about 10 minutes until foamy. I always find it helps to sit it in a warm spot.
- Add salt to bowl and stir to dissolve. Add vegetable oil.
- Add flour and mix with hands until everything is combined. Knead the dough for 5 minutes and form into a round ball.
- Place dough in olive oil coated bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Sit in a warm spot for 30 minutes to rise, doubling in size.
- Cut a piece of parchment paper and place in bottom of slow cooker. Make sure the parchment paper comes up the bottom of the sides of the slow cooker so when the bread expands it won't stick to the sides. Additionally, I like to spray the parchment paper with nonstick spray.
- Place your dough into slow cooker. Sprinkle with rosemary.
- Cook on HIGH for 2 hours.
- Remove from slow cooker and brush a little bit of butter on top. Place under broiler for about 1 minute until slightly brown. Keep a eye on it and make sure it does not burn! Broiling is not a necessary step but I recommend it to get the top crispy!