Oven baked stuffed mushrooms that are filled with cream cheese and baked until crispy and golden brown on top! Make them as a side dish or as a party food and watch everyone happily pop them in their mouth!
Cream Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms
What’s not to love about stuffed mushrooms? They’re juicy. They’re filled with cream cheese. They are small finger food which means you can eat 8 of them and not feel that bad.
I often make these as a side dish (often paired with meat/mashed potatoes or baked salmon with sautéed kale), but sometimes as a movie night snack too to go along with our take out pizza. And it wouldn’t be a party or get together without stuffed mushrooms – they are always the first appetizer plate to empty, and the recipe is so simple to make lots for a crowd!
If you’re wanting to make these for a large party, simply double or triple the recipe! They’re great for a crowd!
Can I make stuffed mushrooms ahead of time?
You can absolutely prepare these mushrooms a day in advance and keep them assembled in the refrigerator. When ready, just bake them as instructed. I do not recommend baking them in advance as they will go soggy!
- Whole mushrooms – You need (2) 8 ounce packages or (1) 16 ounce package if your grocery store has larger containers.
- Cream Cheese – You need a 4 ounce package. If you buy a 8 ounce package then make my cream cheese cookies with the remaining!
- Parmesan cheese – grated, to stuff and sprinkle on top
- Pantry basics: olive oil, minced garlic, black pepper, onion powder and cayenne powder. Note: These are not spicy, the cayenne is a very small amount and just gives a little flavor kick.
How to make cheesy stuffed mushrooms in the oven
Clean your mushrooms. You can wipe them off with a towel or if you really like to get them clean, wash them under cold water while gently scrubbing! After cleaning them pop off the stems.
Finely chop the stems up. This is going to be used to stuff the mushrooms.
Cook chopped mushroom stems and minced garlic in olive oil in a large skillet.
Remove skillet from heat and add in cream cheese, parmesan cheese, pepper and cayenne pepper, stirring to fully combine the ingredients together.
Fill each mushroom cap with cream cheese mixture and place them on a baking sheet.
Sprinkle a little bit of Parmesan cheese on top of each one.
Bake until mushrooms start releasing liquid, this takes about 20 minutes. Optional but recommended: Turn the broiler on and bake for a couple of minutes to brown the cheese to make it crispy!
Serve and enjoy these stuffed mushrooms!
Pin for later:
Stuffed Mushrooms with Cream Cheese (So Juicy!)Print
- (2) 8 ounce packages button mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese + 2 tablespoons to sprinkle
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick spray.
- Clean mushrooms with a towel, wiping away any dirt on them. Break off the stems from mushrooms and chop them up finely. Set aside whole mushrooms.
- In a large skillet, heat up olive oil over medium heat. Add chopped mushroom stems and minced garlic, stirring until garlic is browned.
- Remove skillet from heat and add in in cream cheese, ¼ cup Parmesan cheese, pepper, onion powder and cayenne pepper, stirring to fully mix together.
- Fill each mushroom cap with cream cheese mixture using a spoon. Add mushrooms on to prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle remaining 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese on top of mushrooms.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until mushrooms start releasing liquid. Optional: Want the tops lightly browned? Broil them for a couple of minutes, watching carefully to prevent burning.
- Remove from the oven, allow to cool (they are hot inside!) and then serve. Enjoy these delicious stuffed mushrooms!