EASY recipe for Potatoes and Kale, my favorite healthy meal. The ingredients are simple: potatoes, kale, and olive oil – that’s it!
Vegan Kale Recipe
Say hello to “Potatoes and Kale”. A basic, easy recipe that taught me to respect the kale, love the kale, eat more of the kale. I can’t believe I’m saying this but I’m in love with this simple meal. I super can’t believe I’m saying this but I ask for kale for dinner now.
Matthew is all “What should we have for dinner tonight?” and I’m all like “Kale! Kale! Kale!”. This little dish changed my feelings towards kale. Also I should give credit where it’s due, thank you Matthew, because this is his recipe. He’s the chef behind Potatoes and Kale. After asking this for the 3rd night in a week I got him to write out the recipe which I’m sharing here.
Potatoes and Kale
The ingredients are simple. Potatoes. Kale. Olive Oil. Salt + Pepper. That’s it. Eat it as a side dish or throw it on a little bed of noodles and call it dinner (that’s what we do). Not only is the meal delicious and easy, but it makes you feel like a all-star afterwards because you just ate a healthy meal and you loved it!
Without further ado…… Potatoes and Kale!
More Kale Recipes
Looking for more kale recipes? Try my:
Potatoes and Kale
EASY recipe for Potatoes and Kale, my favorite healthy meal. The ingredients are simple: potatoes, kale, and olive oil - that's it!
- 4-6 cups loose kale depending on preference
- 6 medium size Idaho potatoes
- 1/2 cup Olive oil
- Add olive oil to large skillet and bring to medium heat.
- Peel and cube the potatoes into bite size pieces. Remove the stems from the kale, rip into pieces, rinse and shake dry.
- Add cubed potatoes to skillet and stir into oil. Add salt and pepper to taste. Occasionally stir potatoes to prevent sticking.
- Taste test potatoes when beginning to turn golden brown. When potatoes are done to taste (usually 15-20 minutes) add kale, stir and cover. Occasionally stir. Allow kale to wilt down.
- Serve hot.
For a full meal serve over a bed of noodles.