Craving a quick and tasty pasta dish? Look no further! This Butter Garlic Pasta With Kale is a breeze to make in 20 minutes and bursting with buttery garlic flavor! Kid approved!
Simple and Delicious Butter Garlic Pasta With Kale Recipe
My family loves buttery pasta dishes! This simple pasta dish is just like my Butter Garlic Broccoli Pasta, but we’re swapping the broccoli for vibrant green kale instead!
In just a few easy steps, you’ll have a family dinner ready in 20 minutes that even the kids will be asking for seconds! Boil up some pasta, toss in some kale, whip up a delectable garlic butter sauce, and dinner is ready.
The secret? Save a bit of that pasta water to create a creamy, flavorful sauce that clings to every noodle.
- Rotini pasta
- Chopped fresh kale
- Minced Garlic
- Olive oil
- Grated Parmesan cheese for sprinkling on top
Can I use another type of pasta?
We love rotini for this pasta dish because it’s nooks and crannies are perfect for trapping and holding onto the garlic butter sauce. Also my kids love spiral noodles!
With that said, you can absolutely use another type of pasta if you don’t have rotini on hand. Penne, Farfalle (bowties), rigatoni, orecchiette and spaghetti can work too!
How to Make Easy Kale Pasta
Grab a big pot and fill it with water. Don’t forget to add some salt to the water to make your pasta tasty. Heat the water until it’s boiling, and then add your pasta. About 5 minutes before the pasta is done, toss in your chopped kale.
Once your pasta and kale are ready, drain them. But here’s a chef’s secret: save about 1/4 cup of that pasta water. It’ll help make our sauce extra creamy.
Add the pasta and kale back into the pot, along with minced garlic, olive oil, butter, salt and reserved pasta water.
Give it all a good stir while the butter is melting so the pasta gets dressed in that garlic buttery goodness. Taste it – does it need a bit more salt? If so, add a pinch.
Serve onto plates, and don’t forget to sprinkle some Parmesan cheese on top. Hope you enjoy!
Transfer the leftover pasta into airtight containers and place in the refrigerator. Leftover pasta can be stored in the fridge for up to 3-4 days.
When reheating, add a splash of water or olive oil to freshen it up if it the pasta seems dry.
Pin for later:
Butter Garlic Kale Pasta (20 Minutes)Print
- 1 pound rotini pasta
- 2 cups fresh kale (packed) washed, ripped into bite size pieces
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Grated Parmesan cheese to sprinkle on top
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add rotini and cook until pasta is al-dente, adding in chopped kale with 5 minutes left. Drain, saving ¼ cup of the pasta water.
- Add pasta and kale back into the pot on the burner that is still hot, along with minced garlic, olive oil, butter, salt and reserved pasta water. Stir, while the butter melts, to fully coat the pasta. Taste, adding more salt if needed.
- Serve on plates with a sprinkle of parmesan cheese on top.