15 minute Butter Garlic Pasta with broccoli. This is a simple dinner meal that my kids love. The sauce is made with garlic, olive oil, butter and salt.
Easy Garlic Butter Pasta
My family loves this buttery garlic pasta meal made with spiral rotini noodles and frozen broccoli. From start to finish, it only takes 15 minutes to make which makes it a perfect meal for whenever you’re low on time.
Serve next to some garlic knots or Italian bread for an easy pasta night dinner!
Here’s the ingredients you need to make this dish:
What is garlic butter sauce made of?
It’s a simple sauce to make, made up of minced garlic, olive oil, butter and salt.
How to Make Garlic Butter Pasta
Cook the pasta along with frozen broccoli in the same pot.
Before draining, save 1/4 cup of the pasta water.
While pasta is cooking, melt minced garlic, olive oil, butter and salt together in a large skillet.
Add pasta and broccoli into the skillet, along with the pasta water.
Stir to fully coat the pasta and broccoli in the garlic butter sauce.
Serve with a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese and enjoy!
Can I make garlic butter spaghetti instead?
I recommend rotini or fusilli because the spirals hold the butter sauce nicely, but you can use spaghetti or whatever other type of pasta you’d like.
Can I use fresh broccoli instead?
Of course. I like to add my fresh broccoli to the pot along with the pasta so they can cook together – makes for one less pot to wash!
Can I add more vegetables to the pasta?
Yes! This is such a versatile recipe because you can easily swap out the broccoli for whatever you have on hand. We often use cauliflower, green beans, peas, mushrooms or even tomatoes!
More Easy Pasta Recipes:
Baked Broccoli Mac and Cheese
Parsley Pasta with Parmesan
Pasta and Peas (Pasta e Piselli)
Italian Sausage Pasta
Cabbage and Noodles
Pin for later:
Butter Garlic Pasta with BroccoliPrint
- 1 pound rotini pasta (or fusilli)
- 16 ounce bag frozen broccoli
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Grated Parmesan cheese to sprinkle on top
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add rotini and cook until pasta is al-dente, adding in frozen broccoli with 5 minutes left. Drain, saving ¼ cup of the pasta water.
- In a large skillet over medium heat add the minced garlic, olive oil, butter and salt, mixing until garlic is lightly sauted and butter is melted.
- Add pasta and broccoli into the skillet, along with the pasta water, and stir to fully coat the pasta in the garlic butter sauce. Taste, adding more salt if needed.
- Serve on plates with a sprinkle of parmesan cheese on top.
Leave a Comment