It’s not often that taking photos of a recipe actually takes longer than how long it took me to make the dish!
We’ve been busy with work lately so when we get home we usually want a quick meal so we can gather in front of the television and watch NBA playoffs (best time of the year, go Cavs, go Nets). Pasta is a great quick meal but are you ever so hungry that you can’t even wait for the water to boil? Let me introduce you to Barilla’s Pronto pasta which is one pan, no boil, no drain pasta. I wasn’t sold on it when I first heard about it – I mean seriously, I didn’t have to boil the water? But after multiple recipes, I’m hooked. A great tasting pasta dish with fresh vegetables that actually only takes 10 minutes? Totally sold.
Say hello to No Boil Rotini Pasta With Plenty of Vegetables, it’s my new favorite quick dinner recipe. Fact: We had it for dinner last night! This recipe calls for red peppers, yellow peppers, tomatoes and basil so it’s a fresh harvest meal! I can’t wait until Summer time when I can pick our peppers and tomatoes from our garden and throw them right in this dish. This dish is entirely customizable too, add whatever vegetables you want! It’s a great dish to clean out that refrigerator! Never let a pepper go bad, life motto to live by. :D)
No Boil Rotini Pasta With Plenty of Vegetables - Quick Dinner Recipe!
- 12 oz box of Barilla Pronto Rotini
- 24 oz jar of your favorite tomato sauce
- 1 small red bell pepper - sliced
- 1 small yellow bell pepper -sliced
- 1 medium tomato - cut up
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- optional: fresh basil to garnish
- Pour the whole box of pasta into a large skillet (approximately 12 inches in diameter). Pour 3 cups of cold water into the pan ensuring that the water covers the pasta. Sprinkle a little salt with pasta.
- Cook on high, stirring occasionally for 10 minutes.
- Turn heat to medium and add your pasta sauce. Mix pasta with pasta sauce. Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese on top and then cover with peppers and tomatoes.
- Cook for about 5 more minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Garnish with basil (optional) and serve.