Healthy Baked Spinach Chips recipe is easy to make, ready in 10 minutes! Spinach is filled with nutritional benefits so these are a healthy alternative to potato chips. If you love kale chips you’re going to love spinach chips!
Healthy Spinach Chips Recipe
You are probably familiar with kale chips and apple chips but do you know about spinach chips? If not, I hope this post will change that. These spinach chips just melt in your mouth. And the best part is that these are a healthy guilt-free snack. Don’t you love that? I do!
With an overabundance (understatement) of fresh spinach in the garden I was trying to come up with unique ways on how to use these beautiful leaves. Then I thought… kale is kinda like spinach in texture.. I wonder if I can make spinach chips? Well, yes you can!
Here’s a quick video I made to show you how easy it is to make spinach chips in the oven!
Are spinach chips healthy?
Spinach chips (similar to kale chips) are a healthy alternative to a bowl of potato chips. Spinach retains its nutritional values when baked into chips, unlike potato chips.
Can I bake spinach in the oven?
You sure can! These spinach chips take about 8-10 minutes in the oven at 350 degrees F. They make perfect crispy baked spinach chips!
How to Make Spinach Chips
Prepare baking sheets by covering them with parchment paper. This makes cleanup easy! Depending on how big your spinach leaves are you will need 2-3 baking sheets.
Add spinach to a large bowl and add olive oil on top (tip: I always buy olive oil in bulk to save money). Using your hands, massage the spinach to make sure each leaf is coated in oil.
In a single layer, place spinach on baking sheets.
In a small bowl, mix cumin, paprika, cayenne pepper and salt. Sprinkle this seasoning on top of each leaf.
Make the spinach chips your own in this step. I like the seasonings in the recipe, but you can also make them really simple by only using salt. It’s up to you! They’re delicious both ways!
Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until crispy. They will burn quick so make sure to keep an eye on them. Depending on the size of your spinach, you might need more time. Do increments of 1 minute until they are crispy.
Serve in a bowl and happy snacking! I hope you enjoy these baked spinach chips!
How to keep spinach chips from getting soggy?
Make sure the spinach leaves are dry before adding them to the bowl and massaging with oil. If you are using organic spinach straight from your garden you don’t need to wash them, but if you’re using grocery store bought spinach you might need to wash it first.
Dry the spinach completely, patting it dry with towels, or my secret tool is a salad spinner! I like using a salad spinner to dry all my greens and herbs!
How long do spinach chips stay crispy?
Spinach chips are best when eaten the same day, but they do stay crispy for 2-3 days if stored in a airtight container in a cool, dry space.
Pin for later:
Baked Spinach ChipsPrint
- 5 cups Spinach leaves (equals about half a pound)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Place the spinach leaves in a large bowl. Add olive oil on top of spinach and massage with your hands until all leaves are coated.
- Lay spinach leaves out on parchment paper so they aren't touching each other. Do this until all spinach is gone. Depending on the size of your spinach you might need more than 2 baking sheets.
- In a small bowl add cumin, paprika, cayenne pepper and salt and stir to combine. Sprinkle this seasoning on top of all the spinach leaves.
- Place in oven and bake for 8-10 minutes, watching them carefully so they don't burn. If they aren't crispy after 10 minutes, bake for 1 more minute. Repeat until they are crispy.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool down to touch and enjoy!