Baked BROWN SUGAR APPLES are DELICIOUS! This easy recipe bakes the apples in the oven stuffed with a cinnamon sugar butter mixture! The taste and smell of these Baked Apples is amazing! It’s the perfect healthy apple recipe year round, but I especially love it during apple picking season!
Do you know the apple song? It goes something like this:
Apples, Apples, you are so pretty. Apples, Apples, you are so yummy. Apples, apples, come over here. Apples, Apples, get in my belly.
Have you heard of it before? Oh, no? That’s probably because I just made it up.
Goodness, I love apples. My favorite is Fuji, I say no Fuji apple left behind. But sometimes I’ll be in the apple aisle (usually where I hang out), touching all the apples, oohing and awwing at some new varieties, googling what each one taste likes (I’m in the aisle a long time) and I end up with a variety of apples in my cart.
Oh goodness gracious, these are delicious. It’s like eating warm apples in a pie without the crust. The apples are covered in a brown sugar butter glaze and they are just the key to my apple loving heart. Serve with some whipped cream or ice cream on top and you have your new favorite dessert! If you have leftovers, I will warm them up in the morning, chop them into bite size pieces and throw on top of my oatmeal. MMMMM.
Enjoy these Baked Brown Sugar Apples everyone!
- 4 tart apples (Granny Smith and Golden Delicious are great)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons butter
- ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Scoop out the core and seeds from each apple, leaving a well in the middle. You do not want to cut all the way through the apple so make sure there is still a base.
- Place the apples in a baking dish.
- Stuff each apple with 2 tablespoons of brown sugar. If you can't fit that amount into each apple, that's fine, just stuff as much as you can.
- Place 1 teaspoon of butter on top of the brown sugar in each apple.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Cover the bottom of the baking dish with a small amount of water to lightly cover it. Add 1 tablespoon vanilla to the water.
- Bake in oven for 45 minutes.
- Enjoy warm!
- Add pecans or nuts on top of the apples before baking.
- Instead of covering the bottom of the baking dish with water, try apple cider instead.
- Whipped cream or ice cream is great on top when serving!