I say pumpkin spice can live outside the month of October. Don’t you agree? I think we can enjoy pumpkin from January to December. Join me in eating these delicious Pumpkin Spiced Chocolate Chip Muffins.
You know I’m on a muffin kick, right? My 2 go to muffins right now are the Fluffy Chocolate Chip and these Pumpkin ones. I swear they can’t last in my kitchen with me around. I try to limit to one muffin a day but when such moist and flavorful muffins are calling your name, how can you say no to them?
These muffins here make for a happy breakfast. Serve a muffin alongside some hot tea and a fruit of your choice and you got a quick breakfast that doesn’t lack the taste. The muffins have cloves, cinnamon and nutmeg in them combined with chocolate chips so they’re bursting with flavor and some sweetness.
I still have some pumpkin puree left in the freezer from the Fall garden pumpkins. As some of you know I’m kinda in love with our pumpkins and am known to a “pumpkin dance” whenever I spot the first pumpkin of the season. In about 2 months, we’ll start planting the seeds for our Summer pumpkins which have me pretty excited. How can’t a pumpkin just cheer you up? Seen below in one of the pictures is a pumpkin from October, I love that it stuck around this long.
And ok because you asked me nicely… here’s my pumpkin dance.
Now go enjoy these muffins!
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray muffin pan with nonstick spray.
- Mix brown sugar, oil and eggs together. Add pumpkin puree and water and continue to mix.
- In another bowl mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg and salt.
- Add wet mixture into dry mixture and stir to combine. Add your chocolate chips and stir to equally distribute.
- Fill muffin cups 2/3 full with batter. Bake for 20-23 minutes.
- Makes 12 muffins.