Moist and DELICIOUS Pumpkin Spiced Chocolate Chip Muffins! You won’t believe how good these are considering how easy they are to make! My family considers these the best pumpkin dessert! These are easy to turn into a gluten free recipe too!
I’m on a muffin kick right now. My favorite muffins of the moment are the Fluffy Chocolate Chip and these Pumpkin ones. I swear they can’t last in my kitchen with me around. These muffins here make for a happy breakfast. They have cloves, cinnamon and nutmeg in them combined with chocolate chips so they’re bursting with flavor and some sweetness.
I still have some pumpkin puree left in the freezer from the Fall garden pumpkins. As some of you know I’m kinda in love with our pumpkins and am known to a “pumpkin dance” whenever I spot the first pumpkin of the season.
And because you asked me nicely… here’s my pumpkin dance.
Now go enjoy these muffins!
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray muffin pan with nonstick spray.
- Mix brown sugar, oil and eggs together. Add pumpkin puree and water and continue to mix.
- In another bowl mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg and salt.
- Add wet mixture into dry mixture and stir to combine. Add your chocolate chips and stir to equally distribute.
- Fill muffin cups 2/3 full with batter. Bake for 20-23 minutes.
- Makes 12 muffins.