Let’s bake some EASY Chocolate Chip Zucchini Cookies! If you love a crispy, crunchy cookie, this cookie recipe is for you. These cookies could not be more simple to whip up and they’re ready to eat in just 15 minutes! They’re so scrumptious your kids won’t even mind the vegetables we’re adding into these cookies!
These chocolate chip cookies are SO yummy! And I like to consider them healthy too, because whenever a vegetable gets added to the mix that food immediately should be declared healthy. Look ma, I’m eating my vegetables (wrapped up in brown sugar, butter and chocolate chips, but still..)!
In all honesty though, they’re a great way to add a little bit of vegetable to your regular cookie, or to introduce zucchini in a fun way to a picky child who’s anti zucchini. You know I like to be sneaky and add in hidden vegetables whenever I can!
Tip: If you like these cookies, you will also love my Chocolate Chip Zucchini Muffins!
Chocolate Chip Zucchini Cookies
Did you know that you can bake with zucchini? It’s true! Baking with zucchini is awesome because it adds a lovely moistness to whatever you’re baking and you can’t even taste it. I love using it to make my famous zucchini bread and, of course, these delicious zucchini cookies!
Also, I really love the appearance of these cookies because even though at first glance they look like regular chocolate chip cookies, when you look closer you can see the green specks of zucchini. I think they’re gorgeous! Plus, it makes you feel good about eating cookies all day everyday!
These chocolate chip cookies have a satisfying CRUNCH in every bite and the entire family is going to love them! They’re easy to pack and go, sometimes I will even grab two for the road for “breakfast on the go”!
Ingredients for Chocolate Chip Zucchini Cookies
Ingredients for these cookies are basic, you probably have everything you need in your baking cabinet already! The addition of cinnamon and cloves is a must and gives them the perfect taste of fall.
You’ll also need 1 cup of grated zucchini! And don’t forget the chocolate chips! So let’s make some cookies!! You’ll LOVE these!! I can’t wait for you to give them a try!
How Do You Make Chocolate Chip Zucchini Cookies?
- Start this cookie recipe by preheating your oven to 375 degrees F.
- Grate the zucchini into a cheesecloth or a clean, thin dish towel. Squeeze the excess moisture out of the zucchini and set aside. Please don’t skip the step to squeeze the water out – we don’t want soggy cookies!
- In a large bowl mix together together butter and sugars with hand mixer. Add the egg and zucchini and stir to combine. Now, add flour, vanilla, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and cloves and continue to mix until everything is combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Drop tablespoon sized cookie dough on cookie sheet with nonstick spray or silicone baking mats. Bake cookies for 11-13 minutes and until bottoms are lightly browned. Let cool and enjoy!
For maximum crunch, wait until these cookies have cooled completely before tasting. The longer the cookies cool, the crispier they’ll be. I would recommend using a cooling rack. A cooling rack allows air to the bottoms of cookies and, as a result, cools them quicker and more evenly.
Cookies will keep well at room temperature for about one week. After one week, store extras in an airtight container in the fridge for about another week. I seriously doubt they will last that long, though. Baked cookies can also be frozen for up to three months.
How to Ship Cookies
This year I plan on doing a ton of baking for holiday presents to friends and family. I have been researching the best ways to ship baked goods. I don’t want any cookie cookie breakage (or heart breakage).
I found that if you use plastic pint-sized containers (just reuse your takeout pint containers after washing out) and layer each level with parchment paper, your cookies stay safe in the mail! I will be using this method for various sandwich pies and cookies during the holiday season. So brilliant, but so easy!
I hope you all enjoy these Chocolate Chip Zucchini Cookies!
Looking for more zucchini recipes?
Pin for later:
Chocolate Chip Zucchini CookiesPrint
- ½ cup butter softened
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup zucchini grated
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¾ cup chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Grate the zucchini into a cheesecloth or a clean, thin dish towel. Squeeze the excess moisture out of the zucchini and set aside. Please don't skip the step to squeeze the water out – we don't want soggy cookies!
- In a bowl mix together your butter and sugars until creamy with hand mixer. Add your egg and zucchini and stir to combine.
- Add flour, vanilla, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and cloves and continue to mix until everything is combined.
- Add your chocolate chips and stir with a spoon to evenly distribute.
- Drop tablespoon sized cookie dough on cookie sheet with nonstick spray or silicone baking mats.
- Bake for 11-13 minutes until bottoms are slightly browned. Let cool and enjoy!