Roasted potatoes are a simple family side dish. Buttery Yukon Gold potatoes are coated in olive oil, seasoned with garlic powder, salt, pepper and chili powder and then baked in the oven for 25 minutes.
25 Minute Roasted Potatoes
Roasted potatoes, what’s not to love? Yeah, they’re simple. But they are deeelllliiiicccciiiioooouuuusss! In this recipe we’re using Yukon Gold potatoes because they’re naturally buttery and creamy, and then adding some basic spices to coat them.
To make it even easier, we’re mixing it all together on the baking sheet which means we’re not dirtying up a big bowl to add to the dishwasher because if you’re like me, it’s full already!
- chopped Yukon Gold potatoes (want to use Idaho potatoes? Check out my Roasted Idaho Potatoes!)
- olive oil
- garlic powder
- chili powder
How to Roast Potatoes
First, cube up the potatoes into bite size pieces. These are Yukon Golds which means they have thin skins which means you don’t need to peel them – score!
Place them on a baking sheet. Make sure the pan is nonstick, or add nonstick spray or parchment paper if they usually stick.
Pour olive oil on top of the potatoes, followed by garlic powder, salt & pepper and chili powder. Note: it might seem like a lot of spices for 4 potatoes, but it’s not, it’s just going to give them a full coat making them very tasty.
Before putting them in the oven make sure they are single layer, which will make sure they cook quicker and more evenly.
Bake the potatoes, flipping occasionally, until beautifully roasted. This takes about 22-28 minutes, but slip a fork into one to know if they’re done.
Remove from oven and serve! You can serve as is or sprinkle a little bit of Parmesan cheese on top (more about that below).
Make Them Cheesy
When you remove the potatoes from the oven, sprinkle some grated parmesan cheese on top to melt on the potatoes as they cool down.
Want to try different spices?
Can you roast sweet potatoes?
You absolutely can, make the recipe but use sweet potatoes instead. The time should be approximately the same.
Pin for later:
Oven Roasted Yukon Gold Potatoes (25 Minutes)Print
- 4 large Yukon Gold potatoes cut into bite size pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Spray a baking pan with nonstick spray, or place down parchment paper for easy cleanup.
- Add cubed potatoes onto the pan.
- Pour olive oil on top of the potatoes, followed by garlic powder, salt, pepper and chili powder. Mix to fully coat the potatoes in the oil and spices. Spread the potatoes out so they are in a single layer.
- Place in the oven, flipping the potatoes occasionally, until they are browned and a fork easily slides in, about 22-28 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and serve. Enjoy! Bonus: Want to make them cheesy? When you remove them from the oven, sprinkle 1-2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese to melt on the potatoes as they cool down.