Creamy Mexican Cheese Dip made with gooey Monterey Jack cheese. Serve this party dip with tortilla chips and veggies!
Easy Mexican Cheese Dip
Cheese lovers, this dip is calling your name! You can never go wrong serving a hot cheese dip at a party. On top we decorate it with some veggies for both color and crunch.
This Mexican cheese dip is made with Monterey jack cheese, butter, garlic, jalapeño pepper and a bunch of spices.
Serve with your favorite hearty tortilla chips, crackers or vegetables for the perfect party dip!
Can You Make This Cheese Dip The Day Before?
I suggest making this dip no more than 24 hours before you plan to serve it. Add the fresh veggies to the top right before serving.
When ready to serve, simply microwave in 30 second increments until the dip becomes fully heated. Alternatively, you can reheat it on the stove top too
Can I make this in the slow cooker?
This cheese dip can easily be made in the slow cooker. Simply add all ingredients to a slow cooker and then cook on low for 2-3 hours, then stir until smooth. Turn the crock pot to the warm setting and serve.
Monterey Jack Queso Variations
This Mexican cheese dip is fabulous as-is, but you can add other ingredients to make it your own.
- Meaty Cheese Dip: Add 1/2 pound cooked and crumbled ground beef or chorizo. Or add 1/2 cup crumbled up cooked baconn for a bacon cheese dip!
- Bean and Cheese Dip: Add 1 cup rinsed and drained beans, such as black beans or pinto beans.
- Cheese: Add some other types of shredded cheese to the mix such as Velveeta, cheddar or pepper jack.
- Toppings: If you don’t want to top the cheese dip with veggies, try topping it with tomato salsa, sliced black olives, corn, diced avocado or pickled jalapeño slices.
Pin for later:
Mexican Cheese Dip (Monterey Jack Cheese)Print
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 jalapeno pepper seeds removed and finely diced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 16 ounces Monterey Jack cheese shredded or grated
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- salt + pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 1/4 cup green peppers sliced thin
- 1/4 cup carrots peeled and sliced thin
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add jalapeño pepper and minced garlic and cook for 30 seconds, until garlic lightly browns.
- Turn heat to low and add cheese, stirring until cheese is completely melted.
- Add cumin, onion powder, salt and pepper and stir until combined.
- Pour dip into a serving bowl. Decorate with tomatoes, peppers and carrots on top.
- Serve warm with tortilla chips and vegetables. Enjoy!