Delicious dessert recipe for Oreo Chocolate Mousse Pie. This is a rich double chocolate no bake pie made with Cool Whip and a Oreo crust.
I make this pie when I’m feeling like I need a boost, a real great chocolate boost. This is a ultimate bad girl pie, full of cream and chocolate.
Not only is there melted chocolate pieces, but then there’s chocolate chips along the outside. Decorating the outside is a great way to go because it guarantees that everyone who gets a slice will get double the chocolate. Oh did I mention the pie is on top of a Oreo crust? Oh my, I’m a bad girl.
This is a chocolate lovers pie, perfect for the holidays. I made this for Thanksgiving and a few days later I found myself sitting at my desk daydreaming about it. If you’re able to make this pie and not eat it all at once, you’ll be even more pleased. I feel the longer it sits and sets, the yummier it gets. So if you can keep this pie around for a few days, every single day it will get better. Oh Oreo Chocolate Mousse Pie, I love you so.
The melted chocolate and milk. Did I take a spoonful? Absolutely.
When mixing it all together make sure the Cool Whip is thawed or it won’t be easy to mix. If you are in a pinch, throw the Cool Whip (dump into a microwave safe bowl) in the microwave for 15 seconds – works wonders.
And then a few hours later after setting you’ll have this delight!
Pin for later:
Oreo Chocolate Mousse Pie
For the pie filling
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate baking bar broken into pieces
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3 teaspoons powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 8 ounces Cool Whip thawed
For the crust
- 24 Oreo cookies
- 1/4 cup butter - melted
Garnish on top
- Handful of Chocolate Chips
To make the crust
- Crush the cookies and mix with melted butter.
- Press cookie mixture firmly into the bottom of a 9-inch pie dish.
To make the pie filling
- Melt chocolate baking bar pieces in microwave. Add in milk and stir until completely melted and mixed.
- Mix powdered sugar, vanilla and Cool Whip in bowl and mix well.
- Stir chocolate mixture into Cool Whip mixture and continue to mix until completely combined.
- Spread mixture into pie crust and decorate the edges with chocolate chips.
- Refrigerate over night or for at least 5 hours.