Chicken and Broccoli In White Sauce is a savory Asian recipe that uses a creamy sauce. Your family will fall in love with it!
Do you love chicken and broccoli as much as I do? Goodness, I just love it. This is the chicken and broccoli recipe I love dearly and I have gotten such nice comments, emails and messages about it – I’m so glad you love it as much as I do!
I was in Chinatown a few weeks ago where I was feeling hungry after acupuncture so I ran across the street to a shop called “Excellent Dumpling House”. There I got some Chinese takeout goodies to go, along with a amazing pork dumpling. While I was waiting for my order to be done so many people came in and ordered the Chicken and Broccoli in White Sauce. My eyes rose every time someone ordered it, I had never heard of this at a Chinese restaurant. So I did what everyone else would do, I took out my phone and begun googling furiously.
In the next week, something was telling me to make this dish. I received not one, but two completely random comments and email asking me if I had a Chicken and Broccoli in White Sauce recipe. Can you believe that? First in line, then real life questions. It’s like I was meant to make this.
This is a great dish that is creamy and full of yummy vegetables (hello broccoli, sugar snap peas and carrots). It’s more rich than your usual Chicken and Broccoli due to the sauce which is made with heavy cream and Parmesan cheese.
Next time you’re in the mood for Chicken and Broccoli, give this dish a shot, I hope you enjoy!
Make sure to check out my Chicken and Broccoli Chinese Food recipe too!
Chicken and Broccoli In White Sauce
- 1 pound cooked chicken breast - cut up into bite size pieces
- 1 carrot - peeled and cut up into bite size pieces
- 1 cup sugar snap peas - cut into thirds
- 1 head broccoli - cut up into florets
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup heavy creamy
- 1 clove garlic - minced
- 1 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- While oven is preheating melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add heavy cream and simmer for about 5 minutes
- Add mined garlic and Parmesan cheese to heavy cream mixture, stirring until combined and completely melted and creamy.
- In a baking dish, layer your chicken on the bottom. Then spread your vegetables on top.
- Pour your creamy Alfredo sauce on top to cover.
- Bake for 20 minutes.