EASY to make 5 Ingredient Healthy Pumpkin Cookies recipe! These soft Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies are sugar free, instead using maple syrup! Make sure to add chocolate chips on top to make them extra delicious!
Fall is the best time of the year! The chilly weather is coming in. Apple picking is thought of as a weekend exercise (hello apple waffles and apple pie cookies!).
You can put skeletons in your front yard. You can have as many pumpkins in your house as you want. Fall is all about the best recipes too, that’s why I love these 5 Ingredient Sugar Free Pumpkin Cookies!
With pumpkins ranging from munchkins to pie to giants in our house right now (all from the garden!) I have been baking a few at a time to preserve and enjoy the pumpkin inside of each. As we’re nearing the end of September I think it’s time we dive right into pumpkin season with a healthy pumpkin cookie that is delicious and light on the calories.
Healthy Pumpkin Cookies Recipe Video
Please watch this video to see how I make them!
How to Make Easy Pumpkin Cookies
These cookies are so easy to make and only require 5 ingredients: pumpkin, quick oats, maple syrup, peanut butter and pumpkin pie spice. They’re all healthy, simple ingredients.
This recipe calls for 1 cup pumpkin. If you have pumpkins making homemade pumpkin puree is really easy to do. If you don’t want to make homemade puree, you can use canned pumpkin instead.
You’ll add your 5 ingredients to a large mixing bowl and use a hand mixer to blend for about 30 seconds. Using maple syrup instead of brown sugar really adds a dark, rich taste to the cookies.
Spray 2 cookie sheets with nonstick spray or use silicone baking mats. Form the dough into tablespoon sized balls, and then use a spatula to gently press down on each cookie. Bake at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes.
I added chocolate chips on top of mine to take them to that next level of yum. That’s it! This simple cookie recipe makes 18 cookies!
I hope you love these 5 ingredient healthy pumpkin cookies as much as my family does!
Pin for later:
5 Ingredient Healthy Pumpkin CookiesPrint
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 cups quick oats
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- chocolate chips or sugar free chocolate chips – OPTIONAL
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare 2 baking sheets with nonstick spray.
- Add pumpkin, oats, syrup, peanut butter and pumpkin pie spice in a large bowl and with hand mixer mix for about 30 seconds.
- Form the dough into tablespoon sized balls. The dough should be sticky. To make balls easier to roll with sticky dough, lightly wetten your fingers. Place on cookie sheets.
- Gently press down each cookie with your fingers or spoon. You don’t want to squash them you just want to flatten them into a cookie shape.
- Add chocolate chips (about 5-8) on top of each cookie. (OPTIONAL)
- Bake for 15-17 minutes.
Store in airtight container in the refrigerator.
Leave a Comment