I could eat cilantro and lime rice by itself for dinner, and I have. You can also have it as a side dish, especially with tacos. Or you could make some chicken to put on a flour tortilla and add this rice. Oh wow, the 3rd idea is really a favorite. Later this week I will be sharing a marinated chipotle chicken recipe to make in the crockpot, which this rice will go perfect with. I love the taste of the sour lime and the kick of cilantro – this is a favorite.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup white basmati rice
- 2 cups water
- Saute rice in vegetable oil for 2 minutes. Add water, bring to a boil.
- When water begins to boil, turn the heat to simmer and cover for 15 minutes.
- Turn heat off completely, leave lid on, and remove from burner. Let sit for 30 minutes.
- Mix together salt and lime juice, you want the salt to dissolve.
- Pour salt/lime over rice, mix around. Add cilantro and toss.
Basmati rice is the best to use in this recipe in my opinion as the rice does not stick together like regular white rice does. Also, basmati has such a special aroma.
Try some cilantro + lime rice soon, I hope you like it.
Looking for more tips? Learn how to store cilantro to make it last for weeks!