BAKED Broccoli CHEDDAR Cheese Sticks are the best snack! This easy oven baked recipe only uses a few ingredients to make cheese sticks which are perfect to serve as a party appetizer or snack! Your kids are going to love these easy cheesy broccoli bites!
Do you love broccoli? Me too! Do you not love broccoli? Well that’s about to change! These Baked Broccoli Cheddar Cheese Sticks are a great snack for broccoli lovers, perfect to serve as a appetizer for a party or as a afternoon snack. You only need a few ingredients for this recipe, the sticks are super cheesy, they’re packed with 3 cups of fresh broccoli – what’s more to say? They’re perfect!
What else is perfect? The combo of broccoli and cheddar cheese! I love these 2 ingredients combined for macaroni and cheese, creamy soup, casseroles and everything else so they make the perfect best friends to create these cheesy snack sticks!
With our broccoli getting ready to be planted in the ground soon, I predict there’s going to be many Baked Broccoli Cheddar Cheese Sticks in my near future! I hope you enjoy them – they are super delicious dipped into tomato sauce (especially cherry tomato sauce!)!
- 3 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add broccoli and boil for 5 minutes. Drain broccoli and pat with paper towel to remove excessive water. If you have a salad spinner, throw the broccoli in there and spin to remove water. Set aside.
- Add broccoli to a food processor and pulse until it's a smooth mixture, about 15-20 seconds. Pour broccoli mixture into a large bowl and add bread crumbs, cheese, eggs and salt. Mix until all combined.
- Pour mixture onto pan lined with parchment paper, trying to shape it into a rectangle about 8x11 in size, 1/2 inch thick.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Flip over and bake for a additional 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven, allow to cool and then cut into 16 sticks before serving. These taste great dipped into tomato sauce!