RECIPE for Mini Coffee Cake Muffins that taste just like Coffee Cake but in muffin form! They are so easy to make! You’ll love the delicious cinnamon sugar crumble on top too! Recipe makes 16 mini muffins.
These Mini Muffins are delicious. D-E-L-I-C-I-O-U-S! As a kid one of my favorite desserts was coffee cake – breakfast, dessert, holidays – it didn’t matter, when I saw it I was always going to have a piece! I was recently craving a piece of coffee cake but wasn’t in the mood to make a entire cake. I really love mini muffins because since they are small it means I can eat 1 (or 2) without guilt. For these Mini Coffee Cake Muffins, they taste just like traditional Coffee Cake with the moist cake and the cinnamon sugar crumble on top.
For this recipe you’ll need need 2 bowls. One to make the cake in, the other to make that extra yummy sugar crumble.
Next fill up your mini muffin pan. I love using this pan in the kitchen and consider it one of my favorite baking tools.
Now add your crumble on top. It might seem like alot of crumble to put on top but you have to trust me on this.
And about 15 minutes later beautiful Mini Coffee Cake Muffins come out of the oven.
They will be overflowing out of their pan with sugar crumble goodness. I let these cool for about 15 minutes and then use a butter knife to gently remove them.
I hope you enjoy these muffins as much as we do! Just a warning though, they’re addictive! 🙂
Update: This recipe now has a video to go along with it! If you like this recipe I’d be very thankful if you shared the video on Facebook!
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup butter - melted
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter - melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a mini muffin pan with nonstick spray.
- For the muffins: In a large bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Add in melted butter and mix with fork so the mixture is crumbly. Add egg, milk and vanilla. Continue mixing with a fork so everything is combined. Pour this mixture into the mini muffin pan - it should fill up approximately 16 muffins.
- For the crumble topping: In a small bowl combine flour, sugar and cinnamon. Add melted butter and mix with fork so the mixture is crumbly. Sprinkle this mixture on top of the muffins. Keep sprinkling until it's all gone.
- Bake for 14-15 minutes.
- Let cool for 10 minutes before removing muffins from pan.
- Makes 16 mini muffins.