You can make this delicious salsa with canned diced tomatoes! Just add green peppers and onions! It’s a great salsa that you can have ready in minutes!
It happens to us all. We’re out of fresh tomatoes and we need salsa. Maybe we need salsa for a get together. Maybe we need it for a recipe. Maybe we’re just craving it with some chips. I’m here to help save the day by letting you know that you can totally make great tasting salsa with canned tomatoes! Let’s check out this easy cooking recipe that you’re going to love!
You might be surprised by how fresh this salsa tastes. When I made it I kept getting compliments and questions about if all the ingredients were homegrown. Alongside the diced tomatoes this recipe calls for fresh green peppers and onions so there’s a great fresh crunch that happens when you take a bite!
- 2 14.5 ounce cans of diced tomatoes
- 1/2 onion - diced
- 1/4 cup green pepper - diced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- Put all ingredients in food processor and pulse a few times. Start out with 3 pulses and then decide what consistency you want from there. Pulse more for a wet salsa, pulse less for a thick salsa.
- Makes 32 oz of salsa.
Enjoy this Salsa!