The BEST Chocolate Peanut Butter Buttercream Whoopie Pies! Bake up a dozen of these classic Chocolate Whoopie Pies with this easy homemade recipe. These pies are extra moist with DELICIOUS peanut butter buttercream filling – perfect for desserts and parties!
If you love soft chocolate cake, peanut butter buttercream filling and happiness then you are going to super love these Chocolate Peanut Butter Buttercream Whoopie Pies. When you take your first bite you are going to yell out “Whoopie!” and do a little dance. What does the “Whoopie?” dance look like? It varies from person to person but just shake it, add a smile and keep shaking it.
I’ve already talked about my love for Whoopie Pies from Amish Country that bring back so many yummy memories. Last month I baked some Pumpkin Whoopie Pies that were a hit so I decided I’m going to spend a large chunk of the rest of my life enjoy Whoopie Pies even more. I have Holiday ideas for them, I have spicy ideas for them, I have rainbow ideas for them – you just wait. Until then, let’s get personal with these Chocolate and Peanut Butter beauties.
Do you know when you got a killer yummy recipe? Before it’s even baked you are licking the cake batter bowl thinking about just not making these pies at all and having a bowl of chocolate batter for dinner instead. Of course I didn’t do that though, instead I just had 6 giant spoonfuls of batter which is always a great idea at the moment but never a great idea once it all settles.
And the Peanut Butter Buttercream! Let’s talk about that. I think it should become a major food group itself because it’s just that good. You know when you take that first spoonful (big spoonful) and your eyes close and everything is just perfect, you ever get that feeling? That’s how I feel about this Peanut Butter, it’s just delicious.
I used my Whoopie Pie pan again which is pretty much one of the best on sale purchases I made this year. I never thought I needed a Whoopie Pie pan until I got one. Now I can’t imagine life without it. If you don’t have one, I would highly recommend it, it creates perfect shaped pies and nothing ever sticks. I love it.
Then the Peanut Butter Buttercream gets scooped on, one pie at a time.
Until they’re all filled.
Then I smack another pie on top and smile and do the “Whoopie!” dance all over again.
These Whoopie Pies are definitely delicious, I hope you give them a try!
- 1/2 cup butter - melted
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup Dutch process cocoa
- 2 1/3 cups flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup butter - melted
- 1 cup creamy Peanut Butter
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 cups powdered confectioners sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray baking sheet or whoopie pie pan.
- In a large mixing bowl mix together butter, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and vanilla. Once mixed, add in the egg and continue beating until all smooth.
- Add Dutch process cocoa and continue mixing.
- Add flour and milk and continue beating until smooth. Make sure it's completely mixed and soft.
- Drop the cake dough by 1/4 cupfuls onto baking sheet or fill up whoopie pie pan. If using a baking pan, leave 1 inch between cakes as they will grow.
- Bake 11 to 13 minutes until firm.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- Spread peanut butter filling on one pie, while using another pie to press it down.
- Enjoy immediately or wrap in plastic wrap to store.
- Beat melted butter and peanut butter in a bowl until mixed.
- Gradually mix in sugar and once thick, add milk in.
- Continue beating for about 2 minutes until buttercream is spreadable and fluffy.
- Makes 10-12 whoopie pies.