Instant Pot Lasagna is made in the Instant Pot with ground sausage and ricotta cheese. I like to call this “Lazy Lasagna” because this instant pot recipe is so easy to make!
This easy instant pot recipe is perfect if you’re looking for a simple dinner to whip up on a busy weeknight. From the Italian sausage to the cheesy noodles, it’s just like homemade lasagna – but so much easier and faster!
The Best Instant Pot Lasagna Recipe
If you love traditional lasagna, you will love this saucy easy lasagna recipe. It’s easy to make with Italian sausage, garlic, marinara sauce, and ricotta cheese.
Top with parmesan cheese and pair with Italian bread for a complete dinner that you’ll be sure to add to your recipe rotation! The whole family is sure to enjoy this easy instant pot lasagna!
How to Make Instant Pot Lasagna
Turn on the instant pot to the sauté function and add the Italian sausage until you see brown bits. When done, drain the grease and set the sausage aside.
Next, add olive oil to the pot to brown the garlic.
Then pour the beef broth and ensure the garlic is not stuck at the bottom of the pot.
Add the marinara sauce, ground sausage, salt and pepper into the pot and stir.
Add broken lasagna noodles and submerge.
Time to cook! Close and lock the lid.
Release using the quick-release method.
Add the ricotta cheese and stir.
Serve in bowls with a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese on top (optional but delicious!) and enjoy!
Tip: If you don’t plan on eating this immediately, you can simply turn the Instant Pot on “Keep Warm” mode and let it sit until dinner time.
Refrigerator: Store leftover lasagna in an airtight container and in the refrigerator. If stored properly, leftover lasagna can last up to 2-3 days.
Freezer: You can also store leftover lasagna in a freezer bag or another freeze safe container and keep it in the freezer. If stored properly, it should last up to six months in the freezer.
Reheating: Reheat in a skillet on the stove until warm or in a microwave-safe container in the microwave.
- Lasagna noodles: You can use regular lasagna noodles or oven-ready lasagna noodles. Either way, you are using uncooked noodles.
- Vegetables: You can add a small onion and green pepper, finely chopped up, along with the minced garlic. This will add even more flavor. You can also add mushrooms to the Instant Pot if you’d like!
- Cheese: Sprinkle shredded mozzarella cheese on top instead of Parmesan cheese.
- Beef broth: You can use vegetable broth or chicken broth instead of beef if that’s what you have on hand.
More Lasagna Recipes
I love lasagna! Here’s more of my lasagna recipes!
- Cheesy Skillet Lasagna
- Easy Lasagna (my go to recipe)
- White Sauce Lasagna
- Mexican Lasagna
- Stovetop Meatball Lasagna
Pin for later:
Instant Pot Lasagna (30 minutes)Print
- 1 pound ground Italian sausage
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 4 cups beef broth
- 24 ounce jar marinara sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 10 lasagna noodles broken into pieces
- 15 ounce container ricotta cheese
- Parmesan cheese for topping (optional)
- Turn Instant Pot on SAUTE function. Add sausage to the pot and cook until browned. Drain grease and set meat aside.
- Add olive oil into the pot, along with garlic and cook until garlic is lightly browned, about 1 minute.
- Pour in beef broth, using a spoon to scrape up the brown bits of garlic from the bottom. Add cooked ground sausage, marinara sauce, salt and pepper. Stir to combine all the ingredients.
- Add broken lasagna noodles, and push them down so they are completely submerged in the broth. I like to break the noodles up into about 2-3 inch pieces.
- Close and lock the lid. Select HIGH pressure, setting timer for 3 minutes. Allow about 10 minutes for the pressure to build.
- Release pressure using the quick-release method, about 3-5 minutes. Unlock and remove the lid. Add ricotta cheese and stir so it's fully mixed in with all the ingredients.
- Serve with a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese on top and enjoy!