Delicious Cream Puffs Filled with Vanilla Pudding recipe that tastes just like the bakery! Recipe makes one dozen cream puffs.
Cream Puffs Recipe
Do you guys like Cream Puffs? What kind of question is that? Do you like soft pastries with a vanilla pudding cream mixed inside? Of course you do. As a kid I remember Cream Puffs fondly from our weekly market trip we would take. They would always be in a refrigerated glass display and I would always make a mess when eating. Some things never change.
These puff pastries will bake extra light and fluffy. They taste just like the bakery! I love all the cracks that form when baking.
These are great for finger desserts, a sweet afternoon snack, bake sales and holidays! Enjoy! Try not to eat them all at once!
Cream Puffs Filled with Vanilla PuddingPrint
For the Vanilla Pudding Cream Filling
- 1 package of instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup milk
For the pastry puffs
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 eggs
- Mix together pudding mix powder, heavy cream and milk in a sauce pan. Bring to a light boil and stir until it forms a pudding consistency. Take off burner, put into bowl, cover and put in refrigerator to set.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a large pot bring water and butter to a boil. Lower heat and stir in flour and salt. Stir until the mixture forms a dough ball. Take off heat.
- Add eggs to the pot and mix with hand mixer until combined well.
- Drop tablespoons of dough onto ungreased sheet and bake for 20 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Take out of oven, let cool to touch, then slice each puff in half. Fill the bottom part of the puff with pudding mixture with a spoon or pastry bag. Put the other side of the puff on top.