Easy to make Shrimp, Tomato & Corn Salad that is ready in 15 minutes. This is perfect to serve for dinner over pasta, as a appetizer or a light lunch.
This is my current go to lunch as well as go to appetizer for dinner parties if I don’t have time to bake some homemade bread. I love this dish because it’s easy to make, filled with healthy vegetables and is delicious. If I’m expecting a solo dinner, I can quarter this recipe and serve over some fettuccine noodles and it tastes like a gourmet meal. I love the taste of lime and cilantro to garnish a dish, but if lime isn’t your thing you could substitute lemon juice instead. You could also turn this into a full salad and throw it on top of some crunchy arugula – another one of my favorite lunches! See, isn’t this salad awesome because it’s so flexible? Hope you enjoy!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 pound large shrimp - peeled and defrosted
- 2 large tomatoes - chopped
- 1 1/2 cups of corn
- salt + pepper
- red pepper flakes
- 1-2 tablespoons lime juice (depending on how much lime you like)
- cilantro (optional)
- Add olive oil to a large skillet over medium high heat. Add minced garlic and stir until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add shrimp and tomatoes and continue to cook for about 4 minutes. Add corn, salt + pepper to taste, a sprinkle of red pepper flakes and lime juice, stirring for 1 more minute. Sprinkle with cilantro and serve.
- This makes a great dinner over pasta, a appetizer salad or a light lunch.