This Fudgy KIDNEY BEAN Brownies recipe is the BEST! These brownies are easy to make, moist and made with red beans to make them more healthy! They have a thick chocolate frosting on top that everyone will love! This is a sneaky way to get your kids to eat more vegetables! Trust me, everyone will think they’re the best brownies ever!
A few days ago I was craving brownies (when aren’t I)? Because I always love some adding some vegetables to sweets, I went into the cabinet to grab a can of black beans to make my favorite black bean brownies but sadness hit, I was all out of black beans. So then I sat on the floor, pantry door open, and begun to think.. could I use another bean? So I grabbed a can of dark red kidney beans and these Fudgy Kidney Bean Brownies were made!
These brownies are incredibly fudgy, incredibly rich, incredibly chocolaty and made out of magic. Did I sell you on them yet? The kidney beans worked as a perfect substitution for the black beans. This recipe is now one of my favorite brownie recipes that I can’t keep my paws off of! Because I love double chocolate, I added a thick layer of brownie frosting to the top of these that set perfectly. When you take a bite you’re just going to fall into chocolate heaven. So go ahead and make these….. I’ll meet you there!
UPDATE: Here’s a how to video for you! If you like the recipe, share it on Facebook!
- (1) 15 oz can of dark kidney beans - drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup creamy regular or chocolate peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup quick oats
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup coconut or vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2/3 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients except chocolate chips in a food processor. Pulse until smooth and creamy.
- Stir in chocolate chips and mix with spoon so they are equally distributed.
- Grease 8x8 pan and pour brownie mixture in it. Take a spatula to smooth out the top.
- Bake the brownies for 16-18 minutes and remove from oven.
- Combine milk, butter and powdered sugar together in a saucepan over medium heat, bringing to a boil. Allow to cook at a rolling boil for 30 seconds. Remove from heat.
- Add chocolate chips and vanilla to saucepan and stir until the chips are melted.
- Pour immediately over warm brownies.
- Put in refrigerator to allow brownies to set quickly.