Fudgy Kidney Bean Chocolate Brownies recipe made with kidney beans! This sneaky way to add vegetables into brownies is genius! These brownies are delicious, noone will guess they’re made with beans!
A few days ago I was craving brownies (when aren’t I)? Because I always love some adding some vegetables to sweets, I went into the cabinet to grab a can of black beans to make my favorite black bean brownies but sadness hit, I was all out of black beans. So then I sat on the floor, pantry door open, and begun to think.. could I use another bean? So I grabbed a can of dark red kidney beans and these Fudgy Red Bean Brownies were started!
These brownies are incredibly fudgy, incredibly rich, incredibly chocolaty and made out of magic. Did I sell you on them yet? The kidney beans worked as a perfect substitution for the black beans. This recipe is now one of my favorite brownie recipes that I can’t keep my paws off of! Because I love to be sinful I added a thick layer of brownie frosting to the top of these that set perfectly. When you take a bite you’re just going to fall into chocolate heaven. So go ahead make these.. I’ll meet you there!
- (1) 15 oz can of dark kidney beans - drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup creamy regular or chocolate peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup quick oats
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup coconut or vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2/3 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients except chocolate chips in a food processor. Pulse until smooth and creamy.
- Stir in chocolate chips and mix with spoon so they are equally distributed.
- Grease 8x8 pan and pour brownie mixture in it. Take a spatula to smooth out the top.
- Bake the brownies for 16-18 minutes and remove from oven.
- Combine milk, butter and powdered sugar together in a saucepan over medium heat, bringing to a boil. Allow to cook at a rolling boil for 30 seconds. Remove from heat.
- Add chocolate chips and vanilla to saucepan and stir until the chips are melted.
- Pour immediately over warm brownies.
- Put in refrigerator to allow brownies to set quickly.