Sprinkled Butter Cookies that taste like Funfetti Butter Cookies! These melt in your mouth rainbow cookies are easy to make and use evaporated milk to make the cookies extra soft!
Easy and Soft Sprinkle Butter Cookies
Dreaming of Christmas cookies in August led me to make these Sprinkled Butter Cookies which are sooooo good! The ingredients list is short and simple, using butter as the main ingredient that keeps them so soft and melt in your mouth.
The other key ingredient for these Sprinkled Butter Cookies is evaporated milk which is going to keep them super fluffy and light. Roll around in your favorite colored sprinkles and you have a festive butter cookie – perfect for the holiday season or whenever you’re craving a cookie!
How to Make the Best Butter Cookies
Now let’s get baking these Sprinkled Butter Cookies!
Make the crumbly cookie dough by mixing butter, sugar, flour, baking powder, vanilla and evaporated milk together, using a hand mixer.
Pour sprinkles on a plate or a shallow bowl. I used rainbow sprinkles but you can use whatever color you want depending on the season or holiday!
Roll each cookie into a ball, and then roll in sprinkles so it’s completely covered.
Place cookies onto a baking sheet. I like to cover mine with silicone baking mats.
And then gently flatten each cookie with a back of a spoon.
Bake at 320 degrees (not a typo, we want to bake them at a low temperature for longer) for about 20 minutes. And out of the oven comes some beautiful Sprinkled Butter Cookies!
Can I freeze the cookie dough?
Absolutely! Make the dough as instructed and then you can either freeze as one large piece of dough, or roll and freeze smaller balls. After you defrost the dough, roll in sprinkles and bake as you would.
Hope you enjoy this Sprinkled Butter Cookies recipe!
More Sprinkle Cookie Recipes:
Pin for later:
Sprinkled Butter CookiesPrint
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons evaporated milk
- Rainbow sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 320 degrees F. Prepare 2 baking sheets with nonstick spray or silicone baking mats.
- Cream butter and sugar together in large bowl with electric hand mixer. Add flour, baking powder, vanilla and evaporated milk. Continue to mix until crumbly.
- Roll dough into tablespoon sized balls and then roll around in sprinkles to completely coat. Continue to do this until all your dough is gone. Place cookies on prepared baking sheets.
- Very gently flatten each cookie with the back of a spoon.
- Bake for 17-20 minutes or until lightly golden brown on the bottom.
- Let cookies cool for 15 minutes before eating them all! 🙂