Easy to make Macaroni and Cheese with Sugar Snap Peas cooked in the slow cooker. It’s the perfect combo of creamy and crunchy!
Crockpot Mac and Cheese with Peas
Because sugar snap peas are a garden favorite, I wanted to incorporate them into one of my favorite dishes, macaroni and cheese.
Most people don’t turn to their slow cooker when it comes to mac and cheese (you need to try my Crockpot Mac And Cheese With Velveeta), but I’m here to tell you it makes a delicious creamy comfort food. By slow cooking it, the noodles are going to soak up all that cheesy goodness, and the cheese on top is going to get a little crisp. Don’t you love the crisp pieces? Me too. I will fight my family for them!
How to Make Mac and Cheese in Slow Cooker
Spray the inside of the slow cooker. It’s important to do this to prevent the noodles from sticking.
Pour milk and egg into the slow cooker, whisking to mix.
Add UNCOOKED noodles, shredded cheese, salt & pepper and dry mustard into the slow cooker, mixing to completely stir.
Sprinkle a little more cheese on top – this will make the crispy cheese.
Cook. With a little bit of time left, add the sugar snap peas. Cook a little bit more.
Time to eat – enjoy!
Can I use frozen peas instead of fresh peas? You sure can. Add 2 cups of frozen peas into the slow cooker, the same time you’d add the fresh ones.
Can I use elbow noodles instead? Yes you can.
So go ahead and try this Slow Cooker Macaroni and Cheese With Sugar Snap Peas recipe. I’ll see you on the cheesy side!
Pin for later:
Slow Cooker Macaroni and Cheese With Sugar Snap PeasPrint
- 3 cups whole milk
- 1 egg
- 16 oz box medium shells uncooked
- 4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 cups sugar snap peas cut into thirds
- Spray the inside of your slow cooker with nonstick spray.
- Pour milk and egg into the slow cooker, whisking to mix.
- Add uncooked shells, 3 cups cheddar cheese, salt, pepper and dry mustard into the slow cooker. Mix to combine.
- Sprinkle remaining 1 cup of cheese on top.
- Cook on LOW for 3 hours.
- With 30 minutes remaining, stir in sugar snap peas. Continue to cook.
- Serve and enjoy!